1500 Miles So Go Run

Take that, Rabbit! (Read 463 times)

So far I'm doing better than I planned. Time will tell if I can keep this up or not. Confused I think I need to slow my per mile speed down a little until my right hamstring stops nagging me. I'm slowly figuring this running thing out. I just need to listen to my body more and not view every chance to run as a battle against the clock.

Michelle

Think Whirled Peas

I'm slowly figuring this running thing out. I just need to listen to my body more and not view every chance to run as a battle against the clock.
      Exactly my problem. Exactly. I did it again today too. Hammered a run when I intended to go out SLOW and stay there. Bah!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Prophet!

You're in Denver? Why?
        wife had training class in denver, so made a small vacation out of it..few days in CA to visit the in-laws, Disneyland, and in Denver for this week. We got here on Thursday, went up the mountain on Friday to snowboard. Massive altitude sickness pretty much ruined the whole weekend.At least i got one day of snowboarding before curling up in a ball at the hotel room the whole weekend. Roll eyes At least the headaches have gone away.
          wife had training class in denver, so made a small vacation out of it..few days in CA to visit the in-laws, Disneyland, and in Denver for this week. We got here on Thursday, went up the mountain on Friday to snowboard. Massive altitude sickness pretty much ruined the whole weekend.At least i got one day of snowboarding before curling up in a ball at the hotel room the whole weekend. Roll eyes At least the headaches have gone away.
          That stinks about the sickness!! I've never had that experience so I can only imagine.

Michelle

Exactly my problem. Exactly. I did it again today too. Hammered a run when I intended to go out SLOW and stay there. Bah!
            I'm my own worst enemy at times. I get out there and feel great so I just keep going, no matter what I've told myself about "keep it nice and slow". On shorter runs it's not such a bad thing, but on my long runs I need to have a running partner that will remind me to slow down so I can actually finish the run!

Michelle

Prophet!

That stinks about the sickness!! I've never had that experience so I can only imagine.
              yeah i had this happened to me last time i was here too. I guess really need to acclimate when i go over 10000 ft. I felt fine when i went to Tahoe, which i think was lower in elevation.