1500 Miles So Go Run

*cries* (Read 525 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"Lord, beer me strength"
    I don't think I'm gonna run again, today, either. I'll take a look at that spot on my heel, but I think it's still a bit too tender. I have my long run scheduled tomorrow (warmest day of the week, heh), so I want to not have to bail on that. But this non-running thing is f*cking with my sleep. It's stressing me out...sad. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Burninated Peasant

What did you do to your knee?
      I really don't have any idea. I just know that when I came back from my ski trip and tried to run, it started complaining. I kept running for a week and a half anyway, and now I can't get past 6 miles without feeling like I need to crawl (or get the aforementioned prosthetic legs). It's really strange, because there's no pain at all if I'm not running. When I've had knee issues before, they mostly just hurt after I stopped running. In any case, I don't think I'll see the bunny again for a few months, at least. When I do, I'll stop on his knee to let him know how I feel.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Could it possibly be a shoe issue? The fact that it only bothers you when you run makes me question the footwear. I hope you can get to the bottom of things very soon. Not running sucks. It sucks so much that I had TWO running dreams this AM. I don't recall ever having a running dream in the past. Weird. And today I have a sick kid home, so no run (going to the marathon documentary as soon as DH gets home, so no chance of evening run, either). Not sure heel is up to it yet, anyhow. Tomorrow's weather should be pretty nice, so hopefully I can get out then for a long run. I NEED it. k

~ Sarah Kay

Burninated Peasant

Pretty sure it's not a shoe issue, though I did put a new pair in the rotation recently. It's the same model as the others, but I could take it out for a while just to be sure.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know what's weird...I wore the NB 767 through 3 pairs and bought a 4th. By this time I was starting to wear my less-stable, more flexible 902s a great deal more (including for a HM). The 902s ruined me for the 767s, even though I had a HM PR in the 767 just this past Sept. In the weeks after that race EVERY run in the 767 sucked...and every run in the 902s was great. Of course, by this time I was already trying to rotate in that 4th pair of 767s. My older pair of 767s didn't bother me as badly, probably because they were so broken-in and the medial post probably a bit shot. Then again, too little stability and I get knee problems, too. If I go too far in either direction I will feel it on one side of my body or the other. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As god is my witness, I will catch that fuzzy jerk--soon. Hopefully tomorrow, but definitely in the next week.

~ Sarah Kay

As TRISHIE is my witness, I will catch that fuzzy jerk--soon. Hopefully tomorrow, but definitely in the next week.
                2009: BQ?
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes...that's what I meant to say. And we all know God is a woman! No man would have created such erratic, dare-I-say "moody" weather. Wink

~ Sarah Kay