1500 Miles So Go Run

Graphs and plans and schedules (Read 193 times)

ok. so I look at peoples' logs here and there and I'm amazed at the schedules/lack there of, people keep. Many seem to have no rhyme or reason. How many of you follow a plan? or at least some kind of schedule? or do you just get out there and think, "ehn. I think I'll just run today." Because that kinda blows my mind. Some of you rarely ever take a day of rest! Are you aiming to improve and do you think running everyday helps? I think maybe I'm a bit rigid, LOL. I have to follow a training plan and if I'm not training for something specific, I still want to keep some kind of schedule based on what my training would be like. Sometimes I feel like running on my 2 days off but I don't. I think if I let myself run on my scheduled days off I might go into some kind of running obsessed neverneverland. As it is, I sometimes tack on an extra mile here and there ... and I don't tell dh it's more. Blush Now if I could just be more consistent in my different workouts my graph would have a pretty little color pattern to it. Yes

Jennifer mm#1231

My plan is MORE MILAGE (except for last week, this week and next week) I wanted a nice solid base before starting my Marathon training. Of course once I start marathon training I'll have more of a plan (hills and intervals along with easy runs). Having kids makes it hard to really make a schedule and stick to it (as I'm sure you know) I do however have a certain number of miles I plan on doing each week. How I get there may not be planned. I have found that I feel much better and my runs are much better if I run pretty much every day. Lately the runs after taking a day off feel awful. I do however take days off. When I feel I need a recharge or when I'm forced too.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

derek

ok. so I look at peoples' logs here and there and I'm amazed at the schedules/lack there of, people keep. Many seem to have no rhyme or reason. How many of you follow a plan? or at least some kind of schedule? or do you just get out there and think, "ehn. I think I'll just run today."
        I'm currently following a specific marathon training plan for the past 2 weeks. I'm making every attempt to not run on the rest days, but I faltered and did a recovery 4 miles on Wed. My Marathon Training Plan Prior to my marathon training, I would run whatever I felt like, keeping in mind the number of miles I wanted to hit for the week. I know some folks here run almost every day, but I like to have 2 rest days.

Derek

You'll ruin your knees!

...just take it a day at a time... ...I plan a little in advance for longer stuff on the weekends... ...I plan a little for races... other than that, just running from that freakin' rabbit!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I usually have no formal plans except to keep mileage up when I am not training for a marathon or other race. Tongue I run when, where and how much based on how I feel. Roll eyes If you look at my graph you see that I'm all over the place. Just the way I like it. Evil grin

Prophet!

i guess i'm in a base building phase till i start my 18 week program for December marathon...since i'm relatively new to running and endurance sports in general my endurance is crappy so it makes sense for me to work on building that base. I'm currently enrolled in the run easy often as many miles as your body can handle, throw in a tempo a week and few strides...that's everyday on weeks where i feel good, or i'll take a day off if i feel crappy or if i get hurt (darn ankle). I thought about doing a more structured plan but then i thought i'm gonna be in a pretty tight schedule for the 18 week plan, so i'm keeping it fun and flexible till then. Summer months are gonna be hard because the waves will be coming and running one hour after surfing for an hour or two is pretty taxing as i have found out the past two days...