1500 Miles So Go Run

Running on snow (Read 285 times)

6 more inches of snow last night. Legs are getting a little tired from the soft snow and carrying what feels like an additional 20 pounds of snow stuck to each foot. I'll miss is this summer when I'm putting in 20 miles in the August heat but for now I just wanted to bitch a little.

Oh Mighty Wing

we have a couple inches of soft snow with an ice layer forming on top. I'm gonna wait for the sun to come up before I go run, but it should be interesting...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I'm tired of it, too. I have been doing 1-2 of my 5 runs/week on the fitness center treadmill to give my legs/feet/ankles/knees/lower back a break from it. I get a lot of aches and pains that increase in severity the more miles I do on that stuff.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, I'm tired of it, too. I have been doing 1-2 of my 5 runs/week on the fitness center treadmill to give my legs/feet/ankles/knees/lower back a break from it. I get a lot of aches and pains that increase in severity the more miles I do on that stuff.
          Don't forget your toes/shins/calves/hamstrings/quads/glutes. Tongue /Mockery of slashes

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget your toes/shins/calves/hamstrings/quads/glutes. Tongue /Mockery of slashes
            Ha, my hamstrings/quads/glutes actually aren't too bothered by running on snow...it's everything else. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I have been doing 1-2 of my 5 runs/week on the fitness center treadmill to give my legs/feet/ankles/knees/lower back a break from it. I get a lot of aches and pains that increase in severity the more miles I do on that stuff.
              I should have paid attention. 8 miles on snow pack last night, sore today. I heard on the news last night a major thaw is in the works for next week. Can't wait.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I heard on the news last night a major thaw is in the works for next week. Can't wait.
                Oh, that would be SO awesome!!! We still have ice on some backroads from that ice storm we had right around New Year's. The warmest day I'm seeing in our extended forecast is this Sunday--33. Man, that's gonna feel like a major heatwave...how sad is that?! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Calling for low 40s here late next week. It will be the first above average temps in several weeks.