1500 Miles So Go Run

July goals!!! (Read 281 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, I'll start this off even though I dont really have any goals for July.  I am on vacation for the last two weeks of the month so i dont expect the mileage to be very high this month.

I'd like to add the crossfit thing in to this month too, but am starting to feel some strain in my lower abdomen the last few days and wondering if I overdid it last month and jumped in too quickly (might have to see the doctor later this week if it doesnt go away).

Only real goal is to continue getting my run in every day and enjoy my time off.

MTA - Okay, I have determined that I need a race to train for.  so my other July goal is going to be to find a nice Fall race to train for (maybe a HM), but real training will probably not start until August 1st when I get back from vacation.

I slightly hyperextended my knee last week and it's bothered me for the last 5 days.  My goal is to put that behind me without losing much fitness.

I hope I can be running 30+ miles a week without discomfort soon, and 35+ a week by the end of July. 

• Continue to be a not so fat knifey and lose 7lbs
        • Continue to stick to my marathon training schedule
        • Complete my 52 half marathons in 52 weeks challenge (I've done 49 as of today)

It is time for some semblance of structure to return to my training; I hope to catch the bunny this month.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

#artbydmcbride

• Complete my 52 half marathons in 52 weeks challenge (I've done 49 as of today)

Shocked  Holeee Cow!!

Runners run

Shocked  Holeee Cow!!

I'm not racing them all!  Most I meander and run for fun with friends...I attempted to race 3 or 4, only 1 successfully...or semi-successfully at least.  TWO LEFT!!!!!!! 

jeffdonahue

Shocked  Holeee Cow!!

+1

I would love to handle that goal in a year, but not sure i could get the okay from DW given the huge time commitment that would take for the entire year.

•  I can't remember what I started the month at but I'm at a total loss of 13.5lbs since Memorial Day
                  • Success - sticking to plan
                  • DONE!!!! 52 1/2's done...yay!

#artbydmcbride

Hooray for a slender knifey!!  And good lord 52 half marathons completed!!!   Take a nap or something!  Big grin

Runners run

It is time for some semblance of structure to return to my training; I hope to catch the bunny this month.

Well, that didn't work out.  Maybe this time.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

jeffdonahue

Okay, I'll start this off even though I dont really have any goals for July.  I am on vacation for the last two weeks of the month so i dont expect the mileage to be very high this month.

I'd like to add the crossfit thing in to this month too, but am starting to feel some strain in my lower abdomen the last few days and wondering if I overdid it last month and jumped in too quickly (might have to see the doctor later this week if it doesnt go away).

Only real goal is to continue getting my run in every day and enjoy my time off.

MTA - Okay, I have determined that I need a race to train for.  so my other July goal is going to be to find a nice Fall race to train for (maybe a HM), but real training will probably not start until August 1st when I get back from vacation.

Wow, even with no goals this month I didnt make them.  I did have a great vacation - mileage was actually higher than I expected due to more running on the cruise ship than I thought I'd do (though less when i was in Vermont).

as for a race, I really havent picked one - I am thinking about the Hyannis Half Marathon but that isnt until February, so if I set that as my goal I have plenty of time to do some serious base training between now and then.  I'd like to do something else this Fall, but still havent found it yet.