1500 Miles So Go Run

How close can you get! (Read 326 times)

A perfect day, excellent race organization, sunny and cool. Body working, legs working, for 39km then it all turns into a blur. I knew I was close to a Boston time, I ran , I ran, I cannot remember those last 3 km. Spent 30 minutes in a medical tent after two nice nurses took me away from the finnish line. I gave it ALL. There was no more to give. Yet I was 5.4 seconds late to qualify! What can you do? Well I will be back on the road, more milage, and then come fall I will race again! Thank you everyone for beeing in this group giving motivation to keep it up!!! Arne Dead
    Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>
      GREAT time, great race. You had a perfect day for it. There are a few of us from Canada lurking on these boards (Daddyo, is CDN too). Hope you're recovering today? 5.4 seconds is heart-breaking... but don't discount a fabulous time. Well done.

Go Pre!

OMG - that is close. Way to go! I am so sorry to hear that your a few seconds short. I would attempt to apply for Boston with that time, ya never know! I ran in Mississauga yesterday as well. The half marathon was my precursor to Ottawa in 2 weeks....and no, I do not plan on a BQ time! 3:45 is probable though. I ran yesterday in 1:43 and feel great today. Again though, a hearty congrats on an awesome race. And you too tuf, I saw your 46 minute time for the Sporting Life 10K last week - good job! By the way arne, what a truly lovely course! I suppose the whole 26 Ms was a nice as the HM? Dave
          Congrats on a great race ! Big grin but I'm feelin the heartbreak of that 5.4 seconds. Sad Next time! Definitely next time!

Jennifer mm#1231

Yet I was 5.4 seconds late to qualify
            Wow, so close! Great race, though, and you will qualify in the fall, no doubt! Smile
            2009: BQ?
              DAMN so freaken close!!! Hope you try again in the fall!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Arne - congratulations on a great race ... those 5 seconds will haunt you ... but I somehow have a feeling that your next marathon will be a PB by at least 5 seconds!!!! Neil UK

Running ... just keep running!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, gosh...that really is close! But I agree with everyone else--now you KNOW you can do it. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thank You Guys for all your encouraging comments!! I am back on the road and last race is history. Next race is Toronto International in October. They have a new nice course and I WILL QUALIFY with a comfortable margin! That is a promise!!! Angry
                    Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>
                    Jeffrey

Congratulations on your race. Don't let those pesky 5.4 seconds totally overshadow your awesome achievement!
                      A perfect day, excellent race organization, sunny and cool. Body working, legs working
                      You will run the next race faster - you have from now until October to train. Smile
                      Next race is Toronto International in October.

Go Pre!

Arne, I will be joining you at the Toronto International. I hope to qualify then as well! Dave