1500 Miles So Go Run

November Goals! (Read 187 times)

Can't believe there are only two months of the year left.  I'm in mostly-base-building phase and will start "officially" training for my spring 50K in January.  This month, I want to:

1.  Run every single day

2.  Take cut-back weeks every 2-3 weeks.  (This is something I have been bad about in the past.)

3.  Run a half marathon with my Dad! (His first race!  This Sunday!)

4.  200+ miles would be nice.

In the non-running world, I want to complete National Novel Writing Month again.  If any of you crazies are trying to bang out a book in a month, too, you can friend me.  

What does everyone else have on their plates this month?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

jeffdonahue

HEAL!!!  

That is all.  I still have lower abdominal pain from soccer (at least I think it's from soccer).  Doctor's didnt find anything really wrong, but I still get a pain with every step when I run, and if I sit for too long that area is really tight when I walk.  On the up-side, the pain isnt nearly as bad as it was when it started, but I was hoping it would be gone by the end of this week and that doesnt look like it's happening now.

Still trying to keep my streak alive with a lot of 1 mile runs - so let's say 30 miles this month in 30 runs.  I'd be more than willing to do that if it meant by the end of the month (or year even) I would be able to start running normally again.

jeffdonahue

In the non-running world, I want to complete National Novel Writing Month again.  If any of you crazies are trying to bang out a book in a month, too, you can friend me.  

Have done this a few times but taking this year off.  I have a good idea for my next book, but havent been able to flesh out any of the details or any kind of outline so I'm going to pass.  Best of luck though.  Any links to books you have written previously?

Have done this a few times but taking this year off.  I have a good idea for my next book, but havent been able to flesh out any of the details or any kind of outline so I'm going to pass.  Best of luck though.  Any links to books you have written previously?

Jeff, I don't have any of them online (at least yet).  I've finished one with NaNoWriMo, and one otherwise (college professor "dared" people to write a book to get out of the final).

I am exceptionally bad at follow through...that is, I tend to write then abandon.  I still haven't even edited my first NaNoNovel!

Thanks for the luck--I'm going to need it.  On the plus side, a decent group of my local friends are doing it, and I have found that helps a lot.  Hope that your soccer injury keeps on healing, man.  Your commitment is inspiring and a little scary :-P

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek

I only had 1 November goal...sub 2 half.  Done. 1:58:21 

SO HAPPY!!!! Big grin

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

100+ mile month

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

SO HAPPY!!!! Big grin

Congrats!!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Congrats!!

Thanks! I am still super sore. I can't believe that I wasn't sore at all after running Marine Corps just the week before, but this, this is killing me! Not even sure I can do a recovery jog today...but doesn't matter, I'm still just tickled pink!

jeffdonahue

SO HAPPY!!!! Big grin

Thats awesome, so what are you going to do for the rest of the month now?  Big grin

Thanks! I am still super sore. I can't believe that I wasn't sore at all after running Marine Corps just the week before, but this, this is killing me! Not even sure I can do a recovery jog today...but doesn't matter, I'm still just tickled pink!

You should be sore--it means you earned that PR!  Congrats!

Emil Zatopek

Sub-2 half!  Awesome!!!

I'm scared to make any more goals this year. This has been a very rough running year for me. Just when one thing gets fixed, another breaks. That said, at least things do manage to heal.  

I backed out of Monkey due to my knee.  Monkey would have chewed my knee up and spit it out.  That said, my knee is healing nicely even if slowly.

So my goals are to

1. run, enjoy it, and stay injury free

2. stretch two times a day

3. run Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving

4. do more strength stuff

5. begin figuring out a smart running plan for next year

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!