1500 Miles So Go Run

who is tapering? (Read 618 times)

I find myself suddenly on page 1 after a long absence ... must be a lot-o-people tapering ... I will, however, gladly take your charity ! Best of luck in your upcoming marathons / races.

2012= under-goaled

Me.....Smile

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Dave

Also may be some recovery. I was solidly on page 1 and then fell back to page three between taper and recovery. Working my way back up.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

C-R

Isn't a taper one of those strange looking SE Asian mamals that looks like a runt of a deer or one really ugly dog.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Isn't a taper one of those strange looking SE Asian mamals that looks like a runt of a deer or one really ugly dog.
            Nope.....havea look at At last!Big grin

Jerry

tapering. Big grin I will be tapering/race/tapering/race/tapering/race/tapering/race for the next 6 weeks! Smile

Jennifer mm#1231

Oh Mighty Wing

what's taper???
                  similar as above taper/race/recover/race/recover/race

~Sara
                  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

C-R

what's taper???
                    Exactly! I'm working on a Great Easy Taiper Motion. Crap.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Also may be some recovery. I was solidly on page 1 and then fell back to page three between taper and recovery. Working my way back up.
                      I saw page 1 for all of maybe 2 days...now I am going to go through what you went through. *^@#$#*^*& taper is ruining my page 1 awesomeness! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I saw page 1 for all of maybe 2 days...now I am going to go through what you went through. *^@#$#*^*& taper is ruining my page 1 awesomeness! Tongue
                        Tell me about it Kirsten, I had a brief entrance on page 1 a couple of weeks ago and was looking good to ascend the ladder when I stubbed my toe badly and then wrapped up into a very short and sharp taper ready for Saturday. Never mind, I have quite a few more weeks to go to get back on page 1 awesomenissismisation again Wink

Jerry

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tell me about it Kirsten, I had a brief entrance on page 1 a couple of weeks ago and was looking good to ascend the ladder when I stubbed my toe badly and then wrapped up into a very short and sharp taper ready for Saturday. Never mind, I have quite a few more weeks to go to get back on page 1 awesomenissismisation again Wink
                          Yeah, once I start training for my Fall 'thon those miles should start creeping upwards, again. They're predicting a hot Summer, though. That part I'm not thrilled about. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

BTW I was waiting for the opportunity to tell you I had to laugh Big grin I have another marathon in June and although a coverted one I am in serious thinking if I should do it or not as I have been saying to myself "I haven't got a race to do this month." I was using them as an addition to my training programme to fit around my ultramarathons but have come to realise they are becoming an incumberance as I am continually tapering up and down instead of consolidating and increasing. Never have I entered a marathon with such a steep taper.Roll eyes

Jerry

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW I was waiting for the opportunity to tell you I had to laugh Big grin I have another marathon in June and although a coverted one I am in serious thinking if I should do it or not as I have been saying to myself "I haven't got a race to do this month." I was using them as an addition to my training programme to fit around my ultramarathons but have come to realise they are becoming an incumberance as I am continually tapering up and down instead of consolidating and increasing. Never have I entered a marathon with such a steep taper.Roll eyes
                              Heh. Big grin I'm not sure how people who run marathons really often do it. Granted, they must not do much in the way of taper, but how do they recover so fast? My first marathon had me feeling crappy for almost 5 weeks. I hope I bounce back faster this time around (my training is much better, so maybe that will help).

~ Sarah Kay

I think you have nailed it on the head, I personally think it is down to the way you train, having a proper training program(me) and a recovery week. I am going to have a lovely bath now having just completed my marathon (3:44:27) having broken my target by 33 seconds and will rest until Tuesday and do 10 miles at recovery/easy pace. Mrs J was asking about food for tonight and I have asked for anything apart from rice or pasta so we are having chicken and vegetables.......loads of protein for muscle repair and then loads of carbs from tomorrow to build up to another 50 mile weekBig grin

Jerry