1500 Miles So Go Run

December Goals - Finish Strong Everyone!!! (Read 630 times)

jeffdonahue

My goals for December are as follows:

1. Have fun running (this should always be #1 on your list, if it's not fun, why do it?)
    2. Reach 2,263 miles for the year (10k a day group) - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/3650km/
    3. Run 14 (yep, 14) 13.1 milers this month, which will give me 75 of them for the year.  This one will be tough, but if I do it, I will definitely hit goal #1 (also another group - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/52in52/)
    4. Speedwork at least once a week
    5. 200 miles for the month (this will get me goal #2 as well)
    6. Not let my vacation during Christmas week kill my mileage for the month like Thanksgiving did.
    7. Start my training for a 10 miler I am doing in March.

That's enough goals.  tough part is going to be some of those mileage goals and the Christmas thing.  We are away for a long ski weekend this month, as well as Christmas, and while I will be skiing, the mileage tends to take a dive during those trips.  I may have to start doing some doubles on off days to get some extra mileage in.

Just a dude.

My goals are easy:

Run 250 miles for the month

Weigh 190 pounds (or less)

I had 190 as my goal for November, but it wasn't a good weight loss month. I'll probably end up losing 5 instead of 10. So with Christmas and everything else, I'll go for 5 more.

My total miles should end up around 1250 - 1300 for the year, which is fine as I didn't do any running until basically July due to ankle problems. (Surgery in May.)

Looking forward to next year. Already looking at some track races in January... Big grin

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Finally have an easy month.  Only 1 goal  

BQ Las Vegas Marathon (3:20) on Dec. 4th

And all of the hard work is DONE, so hopefully this will work out.  

Other than that, recover and fatten up again for Xmas!  Big grin

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Jill_B

I fly.

1.  Run (finish) Roxbury Marathon & become a maniac (officially, I've always been crazy unofficially);

2.  Run 2100 miles for the year;

3.  Finish strong; and

4.  HAPPY NEW YEAR - Start strong for next year!

Bring it on.

C-R

Hmm. Well first trail marathon is Sat so I guess finishing that in less than 4:30 would be good. Agressive but good.

Miles are more complicated. I have some beers riding on it so I will run whatever it takes to get to 1750 which is 286. Yikes. Oh well go high or go home.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marylander

I'm just trying to learn to balance lower body strength training with running. This will, at least in the short term, mean a little less running. I started this process in Nov. I'm not really sure how to state this in terms of a goal but it is what I'm working on...

I'm at that same weird slump I was in when I was near 1500 miles...not wanting to go out and run these last 30 'cause then I will have hit my 2000 miles in 2011 goal and then what the hell will I do?  I will be without a goal for 3 whole weeks...what will I do?????? ConfusedConfusedSmile

1. Let my foot heal. Again. 2. Start training mid-month for a March '12 50K. That is all.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

an amazing likeness

1. Let my foot heal. Again. 2. Start training mid-month for a March '12 50K. That is all.

Question for you Cassie...do you post anything here or elsewhere on how you approach 50K training?  I'm thinking of tackling a 50K next May.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

1. Enough miles to get to 2,263 and stay ahead of the 10KM a day pace dingo

2. Speedwork or hills at least once per week.

3. Loose some damn weight, geez.

4. Find a chip timed 10-miler somewhere in northern New England and run 10 mile PR.  Anyone have any pointers to races?

5. Do something about my right heel and knee always hurting. (amputation? what? who knows...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Most places will say that training for a 50K is just like training for a marathon. That can be true depending on what 50K you are running.  If it is a trail 50K with technical terrain and/or hills, the training will be a little different because it just takes longer to run those types of races.  That said, I'm still in the learning process of figuring out the best way to train for things but here are a few things I am putting into my schedule:

1. I want to run at least three 20 (or slightly longer) mile runs before the event.  I have two 20s and one 22 planned.  In the past, I have gone longer, but things I have been reading say that can be tough on the body so I'm giving this a try.

2. I have three back to backs that put me around the 30 mile mark weekend total.

3. I am including a speed work weekly. This should keep me from getting bored.

4. I am including some hill workouts.  Hills make everything else seem easy.

5. I do 3 or so weeks of higher mileage and then drop down every 4th week.  Helps prevent burnout mentally and gives the body a rest.

6. On some of my longer runs I will run the last miles at my target pace.  

7. I include recovery runs weekly.

8. I will do most of my running on roads as I am training for a road 50K. If I were training for a trail 50K, I'd run a fair amount of trail.

9. I include a lot of miles close to race pace for shorter runs.  My race pace isn't crazy fast.  That might be a bad move for super speedy folks. For me it should be fine.

10. I want two weekends of lower mileage between my longest weekend and my race which will decrease my weekly mileage for my taper.  I also won't do any hills during that time.  I'll keep my paces the same.

I'm no expert, but that is my plan.  I will send you a link to my training schedule.  Hope that helps!

Which 50K are you looking at running?

1. Reach 2000 miles for the year

2. Finish two more states on my marathon/states quest  (CT & DE)

This is all about slow and steady, just looking to get my mileage in and stay injury-free.  Smile

Michelle

#artbydmcbride

Lose some weight.....and this being the height of the eating season, that will be quite a challenge.  Smile

Runners run

Carl A

1. 180 miles

2. Stick with No-S

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.