1500 Miles So Go Run

How many on The Bubble are making it past the Bunny! (Read 607 times)

Carl A

In the bleak midwinter
    Frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron,
    Water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
    Snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter,
    Long ago.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I Can Go The Distance

Good luck to all those who are soooooooo close to getting to 1500. I know you can do it.

I will be at 2400 at the end of this year so I think next year I will just do the 2000 mi thread. Thanks for helping get to 1500 this year and I hope you all reach your running goals in 2010!

Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Carl A

35 miles to go. It all hinges on whether I can bore a 15-mile hole through the wind in tonight's midnight run.

Carl A

didn't happen. still a marathon away.

didn't happen. still a marathon away.

30 more hours ... come on

thats time for three  9 mile runs   Good Try!!!

Me  lucky to limp across the line with a I think I need a 6 miler tomorrow.

MTA ---

Damn ... just checked and need 6+ miles so will do the 7.25 route today to blow by 1500 with a whooping 1501!

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Carl A

30 more hours ... come on

thats time for three  9 mile runs   Good Try!!!

Me  lucky to limp across the line with a I think I need a 6 miler tomorrow.

MTA ---

Damn ... just checked and need 6+ miles so will do the 7.25 route today to blow by 1500 with a whooping 1501!

Good work!

Thanks in part to your encouragement, I've been running through my coffee and lunch breaks all week, as well as shuffling along at sleep-run speed through the middle of the frigging frigid nights. Even so, I'm going to have to pull an emergency time-management maneuver to get the rest of the miles in tomorrow morning.

Thanks again, and see you on the other side.

Done.  9 on a cold rainy night put me over the line.  Now I can rest and be ready to race on Friday.

C'mon Carl and Buckeye!  Finish it up, you can rest next year.

Special shout out to Buckeye for starting this thread.  I was certain there was no way I could make it to 1500, but being called out on the bubble got me out and kept me motivated to finish.  Thanks again.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Carl you are a MONSTER!  52 miles in 4 days?  Holy Cats!  Congratulations.

Alright Buckeye, let's see what you've got.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

anneb

Very impressive running here! Myself, I am ending the year with kind of a fizzle.

Resting up for 2010, you know.

Anne

Kimmie

Just want to say congratulations to everyone on here!  I am so impressed.

I didn't make it... no injury, just the blahs, starting in September.   I did end up with 1341, which is more than I've ever run in a year.  Next year, I will try to set weekly goals and hit those and then see what happens.

Happy New Year all!!

1500 Milers,

Good job and Happy New Year!!  remember .. its the jouney not the destintation that matters.

Well got 1500 and a big 1.1 to boot.  The 115.5 in Dec was lowest in quite some time and truth be told if not for 1500 would be a lot lower with being worn out at end of year and on vacation last two weeks.

Last two weeks has been Too much eating ... Too Little running ... Too much drinking...  Just were I want to be for 2010!!   Jan 4th (1st day back in Ohio) its back on training for 3/7/10 15K @ sub 1:40 half pace (7:38).

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Carl A

Carl you are a MONSTER!  52 miles in 4 days?  Holy Cats!  Congratulations.

Thank you so much - I've been a very sleepy monster for a few days!

It was a fun challenge, and now I'm happy to be starting this year out with y'all.