1500 Miles So Go Run

KennyD's 53 cut short to 50.2 mile week. (Read 275 times)

Has so far gone something like this. The two days preceding: Sat. 6.5 Easy Sun. 13.46 long The Week of: Mon. 6.06 Easy Tue. 6.04 Easy Wed. 7.3 Easy Thur. 6.38 Wed Fri. 6.85 Trails (Effen brutal) Sat. 7.27 Easy Sun. 13.5 + (planned long run) 10.36 long Salt Lake Half Marathon next Sat. so an easy week with one speed workout ahead. Zoom Zoom, Nice week, looks like you had to cut it short, but still a best mileage week, good job. Thanks for the friendly prodding, it helps. BTW Totally f'd off the 10%, so far so good.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW Totally f'd off the 10%, so far so good.
      Careful, man...if you injure yourself I have no one but the bunny to "compete" with. Wink Good luck on your upcoming race! HMs are my fave. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Legs were tired today. Foot was Blistered. Cut the run short to finish the week with 50.2 I have a new found appreciation for just what a 100 mile week would take. Time to rest.

Think Whirled Peas

Nice job Kenny! Were you planning on gunning for 50 this week, or did it just kind of work out that way for you? Either way, take a day off, man. You earned it! I totally agree about the 100 miler too. I just don't know how peeps can do it. Maybe in a couple/three years I'll give it a shot...prolly not though

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Nice job Kenny! Were you planning on gunning for 50 this week, or did it just kind of work out that way for you? Either way, take a day off, man. You earned it! I totally agree about the 100 miler too. I just don't know how peeps can do it. Maybe in a couple/three years I'll give it a shot...prolly not though
            I planned on a highest mileage ever week. Four days into it, I saw the possibility and figured what the hell. Aside from a blister on my foot, I feel quite good. Legs are a bit tired but nothing major.

Prophet!

two times i have gotten to 50 mpw, I get sick the following week. Yah, can't even think about 100 milers...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

two times i have gotten to 50 mpw, I get sick the following week. Yah, can't even think about 100 milers...
                Last week was my highest mileage ever...and now I have a cold. Could be coincidence, but I am glad this week is a scale-back week. I just hope I feel better for my 10 mile race on Sat. I have a 7 miler scheduled for today and I may cut it back a mile or two if necessary.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Last week was my highest mileage ever...and now I have a cold.
                  I haven't had a cold all winter, then two weeks ago I did my long run and spent 2 1/2 hours outside when it was 38 degrees and windy - a couple days later I was sick. I know if the long runs weaken your immune system, or if it's the cold, but something screwed me up!
                  Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"