1500 Miles So Go Run

Arne - what happened to you? (Read 130 times)

Go Pre!

Arne, I see you got a run in today. How is it going? Still on for the Toronto Marathon? Dave
      Hi and thanks for keeping track of my pretty miserable milage lately. I am just back from 3 weeks in my rainy cold hometown of Bergen Norway. Vacation with 2 kids and a wife did not get me out on the road. Constant rain and extreme hills killed any motivation. We did some mountain climbing but not enough to get the cardio going. But now everything is a Big GO for Toronto International on October 14th. My goal is as usual to get to Boston and I am only 5.4 seconds away from doing it. I hope to see you there and maybe we should inject some caffeine in the mall at the starting line. How is your running going?? Cheers Arne
      Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>

Go Pre!

Hey, welcome back. I am glad to hear you are not injured. We hada 10 day vacation that caused me to miss a lot of runs as well, but not too extreme. I have switched to running the Columbus Ohio run a week later. Reasons being... 1. My wifde and daughter are running the half and I want to be there to see them finish as I missed them when we ran in Ottawa, and they missed me too! So separate races will make the support teams better Smile 2. I instruct a half marathon clinic out of the Beaches Running Room, so I would like to be there to watch them run their races as well. 2. We do like little road trips now and again so Columbus here we come. There are about 10 RA members heading down. tuf_aint_enuf is heading down with a dozen or so as well. I am running the Scotiabank Half Marathon Sept 30 as a tune up. The restof my training is going well. My long runs have left me feeling like running more, even at paces faster than my marathon, whereas earlier this year I was exhausted at the end them. So my endurance and speed seem to be improving. I don;t know yet whether I plan to go for3:20, but 3:30 is a definate at this point. I will keep my out for you at the 3:20 mark at the Toronto race. What's your bib #? cheers
          Good luck in Columbus! I have signed on but no bib number yet. I will let you know. Cheers Arne
          Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>