1500 Miles So Go Run

Can I do it? (Read 237 times)

I joined the 1000 mile club wondering if I could do it, and after 3 months I am positive that I can, and need to move on. The last month I have been running at 30 miles a week, still 1 month doesn't make a year. 1500 miles scares me.
    Age is not an illusion
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Joe. Looking at what you've done so far, I'd say it looks like you can do it. Just keep running smart and listening to what your body's telling you! How are you feeling? Is everything still holding up? Don't try to look at the whole year or 1500 miles right now. Just think about what you're doing. Are you comfortable with what you're doing right now? If you are, then you'll be able to make it. Just take it a week at a time. If it feels like it's maybe a bit too much for you right now, drop it down a bit and see if maybe 25-30 miles/wk is sustainable for you. We're still pretty early in the year. Who knows what'll happen later! Good luck!

Roads were made for journeys...

Comfortable? Ha! If I was sitting back with a six pack, that would be comfortable. Seriously it is the long run that kicks me. I am debating if I should continue with it, or drop it and spread the miles out. I am not sure that I gain anything with the long run.
        Age is not an illusion
          Are you training for anything? You need the long run if you are training for a full (or a half, I guess).
          2009: BQ?
            Sorry, forgot to add Blush : but if you aren't training, I don't see the harm in taking out the long run and distributing your miles more evenly throughout the week!
            2009: BQ?
              One would think that at my age I would know what I was doing, but I don't! This whole thing started out as a conditioning thing, but now it has turned into what can I do. I have no idea. I keep thinking I'll settle in at this milage a week, but after a rest week, I move the target up. Is there help for us?
              Age is not an illusion
              Jill_B

I fly.

I too have been having second thoughts about 1500 miles. My "real" goal for the year is to run 2008k or about 1228 miles, but since there is no 2000k club, I joined this one and am trying to keep up. We can struggle together!

Bring it on.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Jill - you know, you could make a 2000K club... Just sayin'. Smile

Jill_B

I fly.

Jill - you know, you could make a 2000K club... Just sayin'.
                    yeah, but I'm a weenie (what if no one joins?)

Bring it on.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin You'll be in the leaderboard for sure!!! Big grin

And the answer is NO! Just a little too much too soon.
                        Age is not an illusion