1500 Miles So Go Run

July 19 - July 25 Racing (Read 267 times)

xhristopher is "self awarding himself a big set of cojones for cutting my adult 5K pr by 60 seconds in six weeks and crushing my goal by almost 40 seconds."

The language is slightly lost on an Englishman but I can assume he has done jolly well and run a PB  and wants to tell everyone he has a big set of testicles for doing it

Anyway, anyone doing a race this week end?

Seriously Chris that is a great run and really hard to slice off 60 msecons on a 5 km, have an

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

C-R

Ran track 5k on Tuesday. Goal was sub 19 and ended with a 18:54

Running a relay marathon tomorrow (by myself) - Goal is avoiding heat stroke and finishing under 3:50. Both races in Carmel IN.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ugh...Norm...good luck tomorrow...please don't get heat stroke.  Nice work on the track 5k.

I am dreading my 5k tomorrow.  You Can Call Me Al 5k - goal...just looking for a course PR...so let's say 28:00 (I got 1st/AG w/28:04 or something like that 3 years ago).  Oh, and not get heat stroke.  Heat advisories at 8am are never a good thing though.

xhristopher

Ok, now I'm a little embarrassed. I think it was the Mexican dinner I had tonight speaking.

It's probably not appropriate to self award myself anything. Seeing the hard work pay off is reward enough.

Ran FORR 5K in Reading, MA on Thursday. Goal was 19:30. Ran 18:52. ??? Must have been the latte I had two hours prior.

xhristopher

Running a relay marathon tomorrow (by myself) - Goal is avoiding heat stroke and finishing under 3:50. Both races in Carmel IN.

Wow. Good luck with that. Are they going to make you carry a baton the whole way?

80F and 80% humidity at the start of my race with a heat advisory!  I raced it.  I didn't look up at the clock until just before crossing the finish line (it actually read my PR time when I look up); if I had just looked up when I crossed the 3rd mile marker I could have easily made it up the 4 second difference.  Nuts.  It was sooooooooooooooooo hot!  Overall I am happy....I won 2nd in AG prize with 27:20.
              C-R

Well done knifey - it was brutal out there. You should be happy with that result/

As for me I DNF'd. Made 17.6 miles or 8 laps. Nothing left. Just to give you a relative marker about the challenge of the course and the conditions today. The winning relay team came across the line at 2:36 or so and was comprised of a group of HS XC kids that are 15-16 5k road types.

Oh well it was a good workout.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Great job folks.  Running much less racing in this heat is very tough.  It is always great to see people setting new PR's.  Keep up the great work.
                    2011 Goals:
                    Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                    Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)