1500 Miles So Go Run

JWU42 (Read 595 times)

Cool We meet again!

Michelle

Forever Learning

Ha Ha - Yes we do... Glad the marathon went well for you. I was reading your workouts and noticed the pain/swelling comments today. Racing a 5K soon after a marathon can be tough - but noticed the PR - congrats! Also, might want to hold off on intervals as well for another week or so - just some easy miles and maybe a few strides/fartleks (run faster for 15-20 seconds). Just listen to your body and it will tell you when to go hard again.
        Ha Ha - Yes we do... Glad the marathon went well for you. I was reading your workouts and noticed the pain/swelling comments today. Racing a 5K soon after a marathon can be tough - but noticed the PR - congrats! Also, might want to hold off on intervals as well for another week or so - just some easy miles and maybe a few strides/fartleks (run faster for 15-20 seconds). Just listen to your body and it will tell you when to go hard again.
        Looks like your training is right on track, congratulations on that! I'm horrible at sticking to any training plan. Thank you! I should have pushed a little harder during my last 5k, I really need to invest in a sports watch or a Garmin so I can pace myself better during races. The pain and swelling is odd, it's my left foot, just at the base of my toes in the center, basically the edge of the ball of my foot. It doesn't hurt when I run now, it hurts afterwards when I take my shoes off. I can't walk barefoot without discomfort. But it's nothing unbearable, and it is getting better. I took off from running the whole weekend and iced a lot. As for listening to my body, I'm a slow learner in that department. I hate to be "told" what to do, especially if my mind is set on something. (I have been taking it easy to some extent, listening to my body a little bit.) I still haven't tried Strides. How long in between each 15-20 second stretch? I'm up against the clock for my 5k goal. I must reach 21:00 minutes by my Nov. birthday...why? Oh, just because that is the goal I set to reach before turning 36.

Michelle

Forever Learning

I would have guessed some type of stress fracture but since it doesn't hurt WHILE running I wouldn't think that is it. My schedule is getting a bit messed up this weekend as I have my first sprint triathlon. I am bagging my long run (18 miles) and not really worried as there are still 15 weeks until race day and I will still get in 8 more long runs of 17+ miles. Glad the foot is getting better. If it starts getting worse better to see the doc now and miss a few weeks than have it develop into something worse and miss a few months. Now if only I was smart enough to heed my own advice Wink
            Hey Jeff, Very nice 3 mile time on the 30th. Smile

Michelle

Forever Learning

Thanks - that was following a 400m swim and 19 mile bike Cool My first Sprint Tri...
                Thanks - that was following a 400m swim and 19 mile bike Cool My first Sprint Tri...
                How did you like the Tri? I can't believe the difference in per mile times from your usual workouts compared to your race. I guess that goes to show that you're doing something right. I should learn from your example! Smile

Michelle

Go Pre!

Get a room ! Smile
                    Get a room ! Smile
                    For what? Tongue Well you know, my husband won't talk running with me, so this is rather nice. Great, now you've gone and made running "dirty"!! NICE JOB Dave! Big grin

Michelle

Go Pre!

haha - I was bored Wink I ran in the rain tonight, now THAT was dirty!
                        haha - I was bored Wink I ran in the rain tonight, now THAT was dirty!
                        That's the best kind of running (in the rain). I haven't done that for a couple of months now. It's raining now though, so maybe today is the day. Smile

Michelle

Forever Learning

How did you like the Tri? I can't believe the difference in per mile times from your usual workouts compared to your race. I guess that goes to show that you're doing something right. I should learn from your example! Smile
                          The Tri was great. As to the time, I am fairly sure the course was short. In my workout I posted that - think the pace was nearer 7:38/mi. Here is my race report over on Runner's World. http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/608106477/m/8261040453?r=8261040453#8261040453
                            Fire ants and dog poop! What a way to start a race. WOW. Great job, great pictures! Your race report was fun to read. I've never done or seen a Tri, and now at least I have an idea of what the whole process is like. As much fun as it sounds, I'll stick to running and soccer. I get nervous riding a bike. Blush

Michelle

Hey Jeff, where are you? Confused

Michelle

Hey Jeff, where are you? Confused
                                Haven't seen him in a while either, but I seem to remember him posting about an injury of some sort. Hope you're doing okay and recovering, Jeff.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?