1500 Miles So Go Run

Question about the 1500 rabbit from a Newbie (Read 679 times)

Hello everyone. I recently joined this group and I have a question for you old-timers.

How often does the bunny get sick, go on vacation, get pregnant, taper for a race, or otherwise stop advancing so quickly? 

I thought I'd put some mileage on it at Easter but -- although I have been unable to access its training log to verify this -- it seemed to stay on course right through the holiday. 

Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

Best regards,

jdepp

Bunny is now watching you.

Welcome to the group

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

the stupid F*@king bunny moves every hour...... never takes a second off.....

Welcome to the group and good luck in the quest for 1500.

Jason

A Saucy Wench

This helps:

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The bunny never stops.  I really wish it would take a vacation or something!!!

Michelle

C-R

Slackers. Trample the bunny as you fly past. Problem solved.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Stupid bunny.  I'm 111 miles behind it!!!!   Down time in April really messed me up for my yearly mileage.  Now I have to work on that.

Michelle

anneb

Stupid bunny.  I'm 111 miles behind it!!!!   Down time in April really messed me up for my yearly mileage.  Now I have to work on that.

You can do it! I know how you feel, I hardly ran at all January and it did take awhile to catch him.

Anne

You can do it! I know how you feel, I hardly ran at all January and it did take awhile to catch him.

Thanks!  It's annoying when a whole month doesn't amount to much for miles.  I'm far off from getting back into my long runs again, and now I'm torn because I want to focus on my 5k stuff and not the longer distances.  I'm thinking that it might be a while before I get close, but that's okay.  Before I know it fall will be right around the corner and I'll be back into marathon mode. 

Michelle

C-R

Thanks!  It's annoying when a whole month doesn't amount to much for miles.  I'm far off from getting back into my long runs again, and now I'm torn because I want to focus on my 5k stuff and not the longer distances.  I'm thinking that it might be a while before I get close, but that's okay.  Before I know it fall will be right around the corner and I'll be back into marathon mode. 

Better 5ks come from high miles. Keep running them and you will crish the 5ks..... and the wabbitt

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

#artbydmcbride

Crish the Wabbit!!   Big grin

Runners run

C-R

Crish the Wabbit!!   Big grin

u and i are close ya know. Heh

Better 5ks come from high miles. Keep running them and you will crish the 5ks..... and the wabbitt

This is the part of training for 5k's that I always get confused about.  Because with higher mileage often comes annoying injuries, I tend to split it up.  If I don't have a marathon for a while I back off on the longer runs.  If I have a 5k in the week, I don't do a long run near the race.  I need to figure out a better schedule.  Right now my schedule is completely off but I'm working on it. 

Michelle

C-R

This is the part of training for 5k's that I always get confused about.  Because with higher mileage often comes annoying injuries, I tend to split it up.  If I don't have a marathon for a while I back off on the longer runs.  If I have a 5k in the week, I don't do a long run near the race.  I need to figure out a better schedule.  Right now my schedule is completely off but I'm working on it. 

Here is waht I've been told and seems to work. Keep the long runs. Add some quality into the long runs (fartlek, tempo, pick ups and such). Run one good interval workout during the week. The rest are easy or recovery miles. So if I am racing a 5k on Sat, I place my hard workout on Wed and long run on Sunday. I'll have a harder workout plan this summer, but this one served me well last summer in the 5k season. Might be a thought to have your cake and eat it too. Good luck.