1500 Miles So Go Run

U-S-A.....U-S-A! (Read 579 times)

I like the new group name.  What an upset!

The whole turn of events sounds almost too unbelievable.  First they lose to Egypt Italy then beat Italy by the exact margin required, and now beat unbeatable Spain.  Conspiracy theories anyone?

MTA to get my facts straight

.....and there was me thinking it was an international site     

So the USA have finally been able to win a football (read as soccer) match for a change

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

So the USA have finally been able to win a football (read as soccer) match for a change

yes.  they have. 

and it's a great thing to beat the #1 team in the world. 

yes.  they have. 

and it's a great thing to beat the #1 team in the world. 

Yes it is and well done to the USA....let's hope they can do it again

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hooray.  Let the whole internet celebrate.  I can safely say that the whole of Great Britain are united in their congratulations to your nation.  Other nations' mileage may vary.

You are such a diplomat Purdey, the American's are rubbish at football

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

I wonder how they will fare against Brazil in the final?

I too had not realised that this user group was solely for American RAers.  I wonder how any Spanish members of RA would feel about this, were they to members of this group?

Jingoism?

You Brits are funny trying to rain on the American parade but it won't work.  England is a decent squad and are just a bit unlucky.  Maybe with some hard work and a lucky bounce you guys will qualify for the Confed Cup next go 'round.  I'll be pulling for you.

Until that time allow us to congratulate our boys on a well-earned victory agaisnt Spain.  I have no idea how you could conclude that America is "rubbish" at football after having just sent off the #1 team in the world 2-0 but I don't have the British eye for the beautiful game.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

I wouldn't take it too seriously Jeff, it is a bit of leg pulling............

BTW All the press I have read so far that it was a "Complete Shocker" and "Not expected" So you have opened the door for a good match on Sunday against Brazil or South Africa but don't under-estimate them....but as Spain has proved you can often have a bad day in sport and even the under dog can come through

Jerry

I'm not sure why you Brits are so worried about Spanish fans.  Who has been trashing Spain?  They are #1.  The USA just beat them.  It's a tremendous upset and one of the greatest wins in recent USA history. 

So why get your kickers in a twist?  The American fans here are celebrating in the spirit of good sportsmanship.  Can't that be enough?

I'm not sure why you Brits are so worried about Spanish fans.

Where did that one come from?

Jerry

Jerry/Purdey -

I met some guys from England today waiting for my Subway sandwich.  They ordered it with ketchup and then laughed when the store didn't have any.  Is that common?  Ketchup on a sub? 

I told them my favorite club team was Newcastle and they had a laugh at my expense.  All in good fun.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Jerry/Purdey -

I met some guys from England today waiting for my Subway sandwich.  They ordered it with ketchup and then laughed when the store didn't have any.  Is that common?  Ketchup on a sub? 

I told them my favorite club team was Newcastle and they had a laugh at my expense.  All in good fun.

Yyyuuukkkk ketchup on a Subway...each to their own, but I suppose it depends what they had in their Sub.

As for Newcastle....bunch of Northern softies ....but good beer

Jerry

from these comments...

.....and there was me thinking it was an international site     

I too had not realised that this user group was solely for American RAers. 

I wonder how any Spanish members of RA would feel about this, were they to members of this group?

Jingoism?