1500 Miles So Go Run

Hamilton M - Arne's Revenge (Read 246 times)

Go Pre!

Arne, how are you feeling? Ready to make amends to that smoked turkey!??!?! My wife choose the Angus Glen HM this weekend so I won't be in steeltown to cheer you on, sorry mate but GOOD LUCK, I will be checking in to see how it goes. Dave
      Daddyo! So far so good. Everybody at work and at home are hacking away with snot flying around everywhere. Not me though, but man, I am getting pretty paranoid, I expect to wake up Sunday with a fever, cholera and or leprosy! So far there are about 300 signed up for the full M. That should leave me plenty of room on a big highway. My own family wont be there either so I think it will be a run for the lonely runner! As soon as it is over I will post a racereport. Take care and good luck with the HM. Cheers Arne
      Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>

Imminent Catastrophe

Daddyo! So far so good. Everybody at work and at home are hacking away with snot flying around everywhere... Arne
        Nice visual! Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

My revenge backfired and the escarpment killed me towards the end. The race was very well done by Hamilton, first one this year. The weather was nice and cool. The waterstations, the road, the people were all great. BUT there was this little hill for the last 4km. I had time to spare but after 39km my legs started to act weirdly. My brain told them to run but they started to wobble in all kinds of directions. SO what can a man do...nothing, after a short stop I realized that the 3:30 window had closed and all I could do was run slowly and lightly the last 3km. My marathon number 10 and my 3rd attempt on Boston QT. Well there will be more races, I will sit down soon and hammer out a new plan. I had after all a pretty good race today. If it had been flat at the end I might have been able to pull it off....for now I think I have to consentrate on that bunny! Arne
          Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>

Go Pre!

Nice work nonetheless Arne. Sounds like you enjoyed it and I mean, wow, 2 marathons in 3 weeks! WOW. We will BQ! I am probably going to run Mississauga, you with me? Great job today!
              Hey! There is another crazy marathon for people having a hard time qualifying. It is called "last chance for Boston" and it is in February in Ohio!!! I think heat is not an issue. I might go for that or just push it one season to the Mississauga M in May. Big grin
                Nice run in Hamilton, Arne. MTA: I've run up and down the escarpment more times than I care to count. Dirty trick to throw that in the last few kms...
                  Nice race Arne! Congrats on doing your 10th marathon.

Michelle

Go Pre!

Hey! There is another crazy marathon for people having a hard time qualifying. It is called "last chance for Boston" and it is in February in Ohio!!! I think heat is not an issue. I might go for that or just push it one season to the Mississauga M in May. Big grin
                    My wife and I were considering that too. Even though we were just there. The review on Marathon Guide for it are excellent. 26 one mile laps though, sounds weird, but again, the reviews are stellar. http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=1717080217
                    va

Did you see the course map on their web site? There is a note that says there is a 4 foot elevation change in the loop! Could be a great opportunity to BQ if the weather is nice and/or you don't mind running in the cold. Note they have a warning: "Times run in this event can be used for qualifying for the 2008 Boston Marathon, provided they have not reached their cap after the conclusion of the Last Chance for Boston Marathon. Times run in 2008 can also be used for the 2009 Boston Marathon." Does anyone know when Boston typicall reaches their cap?