1500 Miles So Go Run

Open letter to a certain long-eared, fluffy-tailed rodent... (Read 469 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You may have gotten me down THIS TIME, Bunny, but your evil viral garbage won't get me down for good. I'm gonna catch your fuzzy butt and put a hurtin' on you fer certain! I'm eating my chicken soup and drinking my OJ and hot tea. When you least expect me I will be pummeling you, biotch! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dodger20

this post is so funny! i'm right on the bunny's tail am i roadkill for you too?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, he's the only one in my sights. I'm gonna kick his butt just as soon as the antibiotics kick in... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

dodger20

well i'm getting in front of him too just in case!
            The Bunny is officially on my *ignore* list this week! Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Nice job at Surf City Jennifer!!!! Big grin I'm trying really hard to ignore the bunny too. I hate the bench Undecided I also hate the idea of having a 2-3 week gap between my marathon and the next bar on my graph.
                Nice job at Surf City Jennifer!!!! Big grin I'm trying really hard to ignore the bunny too. I hate the bench Undecided I also hate the idea of having a 2-3 week gap between my marathon and the next bar on my graph.
                thanks Smile but I missed it... why are you benched? Sad

Jennifer mm#1231

The Bunny is officially on my *ignore* list this week! Tongue
                  Sweet! Great job on the new PR, Jennifer. With 25 miles of rain. Simply. Awesome.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

thanks Smile but I missed it... why are you benched? Sad
                    Yeah. I missed this somehow too? What gives, Shaunna?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Sweet! Great job on the new PR, Jennifer. With 25 miles of rain. Simply. Awesome.
                      Thanks! I've posted my race report in a few places so I was feeling a little silly posting it one.more.time. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

Yeah. I missed this somehow too? What gives, Shaunna?
                        Yeah, I haven't said much about it. I feel bad complaining when others that we know and love here at RA have been benched for months. But apparently that knee pain I felt in the last 2 miles of the marathon wasn't just from overuse. Turns out I tore part of my right quad (where it attaches to the knee). It feels like it is getting a little bit better each day. At first I couldn't even lift and bend my knee while engaging my quad without intense pain and having to support my leg with my hand, but now it only bothers me on things like going down the stairs. Doctor said 2-3 weeks complete rest so it can repair, with frequent icing and ibprofen. He suggested cross training with the elliptical/biking/pool, but to stop if I had any muscle pain. I rested a week completely, felt pretty good, tried the elliptical yesterday and was hurting within 2 minutes. I am going to attempt an easy bike ride tonight or tomorrow, but we'll see. I'm bummed to get behind the bunny, but I'm really sad that I logged so many miles for the marathon and was planning to take advange of the base build and nice cool weather to knock off some PR's at shorter distances in the next month, and it doesn't look like that'll be happening now. Undecided I know I could swim (no-aqua jogging allowed though), but I seriously hate the pool. I don't know what caused the tear. Maybe rubbing from overuse? I had put in all the training miles beforehand, was prepared, and didn't race all-out, so I'm not sure why this happened. It stinks though, and I have to admit makes me less excited to plan another marathon anytime soon if it means having to stop running for 3 weeks after the race.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

But apparently that knee pain I felt in the last 2 miles of the marathon wasn't just from overuse. Turns out I tore part of my right quad (where it attaches to the knee).
                          Wow, very sorry to hear that. Sad Best wishes for a speedy, complete recovery.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, girl...I am so sorry. I am glad, however, that your injury presented itself at the end of your race and not early-on or during training. Allow yourself to rest, now. You'll be back on the road in no time. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Ouch Shaunna - I had the same thing with my marathon, not quad, but I put in all the training, was never injured in training ...and couldnt run for 6 weeks after the marathon and then had to start slowly. Very aggravating. I too was planning on a good base to start this season and had to start over. Bunny...I have you in my sight....I am just holding back til you get complacent and when you are least expecting it WHAM!!!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Go Pre!

Yeah, I haven't said much about it. I feel bad complaining when others that we know and love here at RA have been benched for months.
                                hehe, thank HS! Well, I am on my way back. This morning's run = first pain free run in 2008. Following PT's advice and exercises... and stretching profusely. People at work think know I am some kind of nut. Currently, I'm on the bottom of page 4, 70 miles behind Bugs. Fingers crossed it won't be too long before I'll need a rear view mirror to see him.