1500 Miles So Go Run

So (Read 522 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Who is the chick on the home page?

The 2 hour pace bunny for the 2010 Saskatchewan Half Marathon was...... Nienke Lindeboom.  If I had to guess that is who is in the picture.

......nothing like a little cyberstalking to kick off my Thursday.

Purdey

Self anointed title

It would appear that she is a Phd as well.

Ennay ..... get her over here please oh Over Lord Mistress.

More cyber-stalking

If you can't see it click here

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

jeffdonahue

Who is the chick on the home page?

See, now that's no motivation at all right there.  Why in the hell would I want to pass her and be in front of her where I cant see her anymore.

Purdey

Self anointed title

See, now that's no motivation at all right there.  Why in the hell would I want to pass her and be in front of her where I cant see her anymore.

Wrong.  It is perfect.  She is a pacer.  The idea is that you don't pass her.  You stick with her and she will get you there in 2hrs.  I would not drop more than a metre behind her.

I can guarantee that there were plenty of 1:45 - 1:55 guys in that race who said "I think I'll just go for 2hrs today - you just go on ahead darling, I'll see you at the finish."

Why are the pacers at my races all ugly dudes?  I may have to move, or at least run somewhere else

#artbydmcbride

They're not ugly!  ...but they are dudes.  Smile

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

I've only run one race that even has pacers.  (Well I ran that race twice, so I guess that is two.)  I dont recall any attributes of the pacers except they went out hellaciously fast. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jill_B

I fly.

Why are the pacers at my races all ugly dudes?  I may have to move, or at least run somewhere else

Maybe it's your speed, try running slower and perhaps you'll find prettier pacers?

Bring it on.

First time anybody has accused me of having any speed, but a good point.