1500 Miles So Go Run

December Goals - Finish Strong Everyone!!! (Read 630 times)

#artbydmcbride

2. Stick with No-S

abstinence for birth control?

Runners run

Carl A

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

No S Diet Shocked

No Snacks

No Sweets

No Seconds

That is just cruel, heartless....that is how I remain alive.....Big grin

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

an amazing likeness

No S Diet Shocked

No Snacks

No Sweets

No Seconds

I hear ya...fer sure. I had to put down a doughnut to free up a hand to click on the link and read what it was.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

No S Diet Shocked

No Snacks

No Sweets

No Seconds

Ah!  I thought maybe it was something like that.  I'm doing something similar.  I've not had anything with concentrated sugar for over 2 months now.  No cookies.... no candy... no flavored lattes.... no cakes.... no pie.... you get the idea.  Pretty used to it at this point.  

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

jeffdonahue

I hear ya...fer sure. I had to put down a doughnut to free up a hand to click on the link and read what it was.

But was it your second donut?? 

Beware, batbear...

I fell way short of my goal of 1500 miles for the year.  My main excuse was a really bad case of p.f./stress fracture/heel spur that had me in a boot for most of the summer and sent me to the podiatrist for the first time ever.

So, I am finishing strong, but responsibly strong and looking forward to picking up the mileage in the new year.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

I am quite happy with my year with all facts considered,

1. I have been able to run consitently with little injury of note.
                  2. Few illnesses
                  3. Beaten last years total (not a goal but still nice)

This month is about enjoying running, to just get out there are enjoy it.....for the first time in a while on Sunday I ran to the top of a hill and stopped, got a chew bar out and sat on a bench and enjoyed the view for 5 minutes then went on my way. I am content with my efforts Smile

Jerry
                  A runners blog-updated daily

#artbydmcbride

I am quite happy with my year with all facts considered,

1. I have been able to run consitently with little injury of note.
                    2. Few illnesses
                    3. Beaten last years total (not a goal but still nice)

This month is about enjoying running, to just get out there are enjoy it.....for the first time in a while on Sunday I ran to the top of a hill and stopped, got a chew bar out and sat on a bench and enjoyed the view for 5 minutes then went on my way. I am content with my efforts Smile

Nice!!  Smile

Runners run

jeffdonahue

for the first time in a while on Sunday I ran to the top of a hill and stopped, got a chew bar out and sat on a bench and enjoyed the view for 5 minutes then went on my way. I am content with my efforts Smile

That is awesome!!

Marylander

Yep, that really is awesome. When I mentioned to a guy I know who does ultras that I was running with my daughter he suggested that I be sure to do some runs that are just lazy days out and about. I liked the idea so we started to do things like stopping and sitting in the river for a few minutes or enjoying a scenic view or whatever came along...

This month is about enjoying running, to just get out there are enjoy it.

C-R

Hmm. Well first trail marathon is Sat so I guess finishing that in less than 4:30 would be good. Agressive but good.

Miles are more complicated. I have some beers riding on it so I will run whatever it takes to get to 1750 which is 286. Yikes. Oh well go high or go home.

Finished that first trail marathon in 4:48. Tough race.

Managed 300 miles for the first time and finished with 1764 miles.

Two out three ain't bad.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Finally have an easy month.  Only 1 goal  

BQ Las Vegas Marathon (3:20) on Dec. 4th

And all of the hard work is DONE, so hopefully this will work out.  

Other than that, recover and fatten up again for Xmas!  Big grin

Well didn't get the BQ but we have all heard the merge stories so won't dwell on that again! Had a nice low mileage month so start building again today! Best wishes everyone for 2012!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Just a dude.

My goals are easy:

Run 250 miles for the month

Weigh 190 pounds (or less)

I had 190 as my goal for November, but it wasn't a good weight loss month. I'll probably end up losing 5 instead of 10. So with Christmas and everything else, I'll go for 5 more.

My total miles should end up around 1250 - 1300 for the year, which is fine as I didn't do any running until basically July due to ankle problems. (Surgery in May.)

Looking forward to next year. Already looking at some track races in January... Big grin

-Kelly

What a lousy month... On like day 3 I tweaked my hammy running on a treadmill if you can believe it. Nothing fast... just an hour easy run on a treadmill... Ended up with 55.5 miles and actually gained weight.  Still trying to get that hamstring under control... Blah.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...