1500 Miles So Go Run

Sleep Deprivation (Read 437 times)

Go Pre!

I am tossing and turning these days. I figure it's partly because I am running more in the evenings lately as we have been doing group runs after work. But it could also be from eating dinner later, combined with cathing up with TV, particualrly all of the shows we recorded. I go to bed wired. This is a long time habit I am trying to break as I know better sleep = better training & better recovery & better race results. To compound the issue my wife has been travelling a lot and the bed really is too big without her Smile Now, off to get my 2nd cup of coffee today Dead
      Must be something in the air. I was up till 3 the other night and then last night I tossed and turned. Today I feel like a zombie. ...I blame Trent (I'm stressing about the Monkey). Big grin Oh, and about your bed being too big, your wife must not snore (like my husband). If my husband ever traveled for work I would completely enjoy a couple nights of the bed to myself!!

Michelle

I think this is going around. I was just on a run with a friend and both of us were saying how we're lacking sleep. My son even said this morning that he kept waking up from all these weird dreams the last 4 nights or so. Maybe it has something to do with the lunar phase.... Big grin

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Its the stupid time change! Plus it is dark so early that when I get home I tend to not do much - other than catch up on TiVo'd shows too - Daddyo! Hopefully in another week or so our internal clocks will get back to normal again. I think if we took a survey of married couples - women would much more prefer the bed to themselves then men. Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I am THIS close to laying my head down on my desk and taking a nap. Nobody is here in the office with me....no harm done, right? Undecided Ugh. I think I'll take a quick drive to get coffee & a snack. The rain and cool air should help get my blood moving.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I am THIS close to laying my head down on my desk and taking a nap. Nobody is here in the office with me....no harm done, right? Undecided Ugh. I think I'll take a quick drive to get coffee & a snack. The rain and cool air should help get my blood moving.
              Do it. No one will know. No one ever has to know. No one's there. It'll be between you and us. It's ok. You've worked hard. You deserve a little nap. Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

yeah. I've been sooooo lethargic during the day. Hard to get anything done.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Do it. No one will know. No one ever has to know. No one's there. It'll be between you and us. It's ok. You've worked hard. You deserve a little nap. Evil grin
                  I didn't do it. I would have drooled on my desk and that would be gross...instead I went to Burger King and got some junk food. Yeah, I'm such a healthy person. Big grin

Michelle

Go Pre!

I have made it this far through the day. Meeting peeps again for 6:30 run, an easy 5 miles. I plan to eat right after the run tonight, just a small serving, only a bit of tv (ahh hahaha) and some reading before bed. Hopefully you all get a good sleep too!
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

and some reading before bed.
                      you know, if it's the right kind of "reading" material, you might fall asleep after only a few minutes of "reading."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

you know, if it's the right kind of "reading" material, you might fall asleep after only a few minutes of "reading."
                        Yeah, but you could also go blind "reading" too much of that. Tongue

Michelle

Go Pre!

Yeah, but you could also go blind "reading" too much of that. Tongue
                          it's the the reading that causes the blindness. Evil grin
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

it's the the reading that causes the blindness. Evil grin
                            Apparently, it causes stuttering, too.

Go Pre!

Apparently, it causes stuttering, too.
                              haha, you passed the test. I was seeing how blind you all are Smile You must always proof read your work to make sure you haven't any words out!