1500 Miles So Go Run

March goals? (Read 34 times)

npaden

Anyone with any March goals?

I'm shooting for 250+ miles for March which will be a PR for mileage in a month for me for the 3rd straight month.  I'll have to do some nifty juggling to keep on track with my plan though because I'll be putting in a lot of travel for work in March.

If I make the 250 miles, that monthly mileage PR will probably hold up for a while because I start to taper a little bit at the end of April so my plan is showing less miles in April than March.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

#artbydmcbride

I only have two real goals for March....

Heal this dang left leg/hamstring/glute

Build up some mileage to get ready for Boston

Runners run

Linda

Goodluck npaden.

lleneforward:  Hamstrings are tricky.  Goodluck, as well.

I did not reach my Feb. goal of 150, but I did go to Disneyland Smile.  I'm trying agian for 150, this month.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Good luck getting healthy this month!

I missed all my February goals. For March, my only goal is to not skip any of my long runs.

pcaharrier

I'm shooting for at least 125 miles (maybe more than that if I decide to make the switch to running 6 days per week instead of my current 5).

In the "more vague" goals department, I also want to make a good transition into a 10k training program coming off my half marathon PR.  I went ahead and shelled out for a 12 week training plan from Hansons Coaching Services; I haven't raced a 10k before and I want to be sure I'm doing the right kind of training.

I think I'll aim for 200 miles.  So far, I'm behind.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Larry T

Lean Running Machine

I'm shooting for 200+ miles for March and some 20 mile long runs so that I will have a good base for April, when I hope to put in some speed workouts. One step at a time for my marathon at the end of May.

"If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."

Alberto Salazar

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

100+ miles

Actually do some rehab for the knee( stop talking and do)

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I have to do 1 mile today to make my goal.... so looks like I'm there :-)  It did require 17 yesterday and 20 the day before, though.  I've spent the majority of the month chasing that 200 mile / month bunny.  Can't believe I'm actually going to manage it. I was pretty certain I wouldn't.

I think I'll aim for 200 miles.  So far, I'm behind.

npaden

Smoked my goal for March.  Pretty much followed my plan to the "T", about the only thing I did was add a mile here or there on some days.

Ended this week with an 18 miler this afternoon to get me to 71.3 miles for the week which is a record for me, and that brought my total for March up to 279.6 which smashed last months total of 222.8.

April will be down based on my plan but I think still over 200.

My running streak is up to 88 days and 693.2 miles for an average of 7.9 miles a day.  I think I'll try to get it to 100 days for sure, but I'll probably bust it either during the taper for my marathon on May 5th or maybe after the marathon.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

npaden

I have to do 1 mile today to make my goal.... so looks like I'm there :-)  It did require 17 yesterday and 20 the day before, though.  I've spent the majority of the month chasing that 200 mile / month bunny.  Can't believe I'm actually going to manage it. I was pretty certain I wouldn't.

Wow, 17 and 20 back to back would crush me I think.  I sure do wish I had some trails and 35 degree weather nearby to give it a shot though!

pcaharrier

I finished with 133.3 miles for March and I feel like the 10k training plan is off to a good start.  I might even have to think about reaching for a faster goal time if things keep going well.

Ended this week with an 18 miler this afternoon to get me to 71.3 miles for the week which is a record for me, and that brought my total for March up to 279.6 which smashed last months total of 222.8.

Wow!  That's a HUGE month!

Linda

I did not reach my Feb. goal of 150, but I did go to Disneyland Smile.  I'm trying agian for 150, this month.

Yea!  170 for March--goal reached!!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47