1500 Miles So Go Run

June Goals! (Read 402 times)

How is it June already?  Eesh!

Anyway, my big one for this month is to complete my first 50 miler--the Dawg Gone Long Run by ORRRC on June 30th. 

What does everyone have on tap for this month?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Forgive me 1500 mile group for I have sinned, it has been months since I've posted goals - but I've paid, I've gotten fat and slow!!!  

Anyway...

June goals, not be fat and slow anymore! 

And run 200 miles.  For once this year.  

And for goodness sake stick to a training plan for once in my damn life.  Sheesh! 

Happy running!

Nothing exciting this month. Just get the mileage building again

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

I just plan to keep up with the bunny this month.  I'm too far down to worry about catching any hossenfeffer dinner.  But at least I should not fall any further back. 

#artbydmcbride

{{fat knifey}}   we absolve you, now sin no more!  Smile

In June I hope to get my knee better and get faster.   Cool

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Last month was kind of a cut back month as I prepared for a 5K on the 30th, so now I'd like to get a few months of decent mileage in before the Fall and maybe some longer races.

Not sure if I can get there but I'd like to get 200 miles in this month. 

Crossfit 3x per week (got a groupon for 15 visits so thought i'd try to get in shape for my July cruise)

That is all.

Jeff

#artbydmcbride

Last month was kind of a cut back month as I prepared for a 5K on the 30th, so now I'd like to get a few months of decent mileage in before the Fall and maybe some longer races.

Crossfit 3x per week (got a groupon for 15 visits so thought i'd try to get in shape for my July cruise)

That is all.

Jeff

Bikini weather!!   (I mean,....mankini!)

Runners run

HappyFeat

Goals...again?...every month?....aargh..okay....guess mine is to do a tempo run every week. First one done last night. I've been gradually making my way from pleasure-runner to runner-with-goals.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Jill_B

I fly.

My June Goal... I want to run... a lot.  Hopefully 225.  But I'm moving so it might be more like 175.

Bring it on.

I'm kind of behind on my running miles for 2012.  I've been busy cleaning.

HappyFeat

I'm kind of behind on my running miles for 2012.  I've been busy cleaning.

OMG! I just did that too! Well actually I'm still working on the glass o'wine, but did the Febreze thing already Smile

I'm bummed because I didn't pay attention to my gut instinct 4 times in the last 2 weeks when it told me to cut back on the distance of those particular runs. Now I've got a relapse of my left arch injury from January. So in trade I'm going to give my "gut" 4 times where I'll listen to it. One time being tonight when it said "DON"T try to run and see what happens like you always do!" So...not running, planning on doing some yoga, if the wine doesn't unbalance me too muchSmile The whole thing just really bugs me because for the last year my focus has been or supposed to have been to pay attention to how my body is responding to my "training" and adjust as needed.  Well this just calls me out on that! I'm no better than I ever was...still the compulsive runner.

do more cleaning and you'll feel better. 

HappyFeat

do more cleaning and you'll feel better. 

Big grin thanks for the sympathy Doug.  Never did get around to any yoga last night....

Foot is better today. I'm going to try a walk or slow run and see what happens. May end up doing more cleaning....

I've decided to write it down any time I get a thought to modify my planned run in hopes that I'll give more consideration to my intuition. I honestly want to work on this issue as much as I want to go running. It might be a futile exercise, but I want to be a better smarter runner not just a compulsive heedless one.

jeffdonahue

Bikini weather!!   (I mean,....mankini!)

Not sure if I'm going to break out the speedos from my college swim team years (not sure I'll fit into them anyway) but I'd like to have a bit less of a gut before we go.

jeffdonahue

That is all.

Jeff

Okay - failing both of my goals so far.  It does not look like I am going to hit 200 this month - maybe 175 if I'm lucky (I'd have to average 8+ miles per day for the next week and a half and I dont see that happening).

Also, started Crossfit late waiting for a fellow employee to join me.  He decided not to - so I went once last week before going on vacation, then today I missed the class but sucked it up and hit my gym and did their workout on my own.  count that as two.  Hopefully I'll get to class on Friday.