1500 Miles So Go Run

Thanks for sharing...NOT! (Read 392 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I was finally getting that raw spot on my foot to heal and looking forward to piling on at least 30 miles this week and getting closer to catching back up with the bunny...but he just gets further and further from sight. Apparently I have caught did's nasty flu--even after browbeating him for not getting his flu shot (I did and thought I was out of the woods, but apparently this strain is not one of the ones that this season's shot protects against). Black eye Cry Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Being from Wis you know how to cure the flu, right? Get at it!! Hope you feel better soon.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I will probably have a hot toddy or two before bed tonite... Blush

~ Sarah Kay

corland

The local TV station had a story on the flu last night. Apparently the number of cases in West Michigan is up significantly this year. The news had contacted the local Health Dept for details. I kind of gathered that the flu shot wasn't much help this year. Hope you feel better soon.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was just talking to Trent about the flu shot--I'm still glad I got it. It has apparently limited my reaction to this flu bug. DH didn't get the shot and almost a week later is still sicker than I am. I think I saw that one of the school closings in West MI was actually due to illness...it was a smaller private school, so I suppose if enough staff and students are sick that they don't have much choice.

~ Sarah Kay

I'm not sure what I have, but I don't like it. WAY too much sharing going on - I think my oldest son brought this home from wrestling! Black eye

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not sure what I have, but I don't like it. WAY too much sharing going on - I think my oldest son brought this home from wrestling! Black eye
                How you feelin' today? I am on day 4 of feeling like ass. I will have an hour where I feel like I'm coming out of the woods, then I will start feeling like crap, again. My lungs feel better (not great, but better), but now my head is really plugged-up and my nose is running like a hose. I'm so run-down and still a little achey. did has been sick for a week and is still not 100% better. This is definitely the worst flu bug I've had in years, even with the flu shot. I don't think it lessened my symptoms at all, unfortunately. k

~ Sarah Kay

How you feelin' today? I am on day 4 of feeling like ass. I will have an hour where I feel like I'm coming out of the woods, then I will start feeling like crap, again. My lungs feel better (not great, but better), but now my head is really plugged-up and my nose is running like a hose. I'm so run-down and still a little achey. did has been sick for a week and is still not 100% better. This is definitely the worst flu bug I've had in years, even with the flu shot. I don't think it lessened my symptoms at all, unfortunately. k
                  Much better actually, thanks for asking. I can't believe you're still sick! I can imagine how this is driving you crazy. I always get the sense that you have endless energy and to be restricted like this is torture. I only had one day of feeling really crappy, and that was yesterday. I didn't have any lung issues though, that would be a completely different thing. Anthony (my oldest) had some of the same things I have but mostly his problem was a horrible productive cough. He claims his headache and sore throat were due to coughing so much. He only ran a low fever for a day or two (that I know of). My thing has mostly been in my throat. I have swollen glands and I've had a fever on and off, but nothing above 100. I had times when I felt like I was "okay" but then I'd hit another wall and be looking for anyplace to lay down. Running was not the smartest thing to do but I needed the stress relief. Aaron (my youngest) has something today so he's home from school. His seems to be a lesser version of what I have. I think that no matter what it is that we get in our house it has to run it's course through everyone before it finally leaves. My daughter had a sore throat yesterday but that was it. Now we'll wait and see what my other son and my husband end up getting from this. My husband is so stressed out and worn out I cannot believe he has gotten sick yet *knock on wood*. He's been surviving on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night for about a month now.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Much better actually, thanks for asking. I can't believe you're still sick! I can imagine how this is driving you crazy. I always get the sense that you have endless energy and to be restricted like this is torture.
                    Yep, that's a pretty accurate descriptor (though...when it comes to housework I am as lazy as they come--hate it). I haven't left the house since Mon. Haven't been outside at all. I keep thinking "tomorrow is the day that I will start feeling much better," but it's not happening. Now I'm super paranoid of sinus infection, since colds/flu/allergies that end up in my head turn to infection at least half of the time. If I'm not better by Monday I'm calling my PCP. I've only gone this many days without running once (when I was on vacation in LA a couple of Summers ago) since I started almost 2 years ago. It's making me really bonkers. Oh, and that dumb spot on my heel? Still not healed. I had one of those $$ Band-Aid blister things on it that are left on for several days...this was on top of liquid bandage. Finally thought it would be good to take it off, so I did. It's still raw underneath and I think a little infected. Gah...gross. This has just not been my week...or month. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My husband is so stressed out and worn out I cannot believe he has gotten sick yet *knock on wood*. He's been surviving on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night for about a month now.
                      Poor guy. Though it always seems like lack of sleep isn't what gets me sick. I always get sick at random. I hope he can avoid any bugs.

~ Sarah Kay

Yep, that's a pretty accurate descriptor (though...when it comes to housework I am as lazy as they come--hate it). I haven't left the house since Mon. Haven't been outside at all. I keep thinking "tomorrow is the day that I will start feeling much better," but it's not happening. Now I'm super paranoid of sinus infection, since colds/flu/allergies that end up in my head turn to infection at least half of the time. If I'm not better by Monday I'm calling my PCP. I've only gone this many days without running once (when I was on vacation in LA a couple of Summers ago) since I started almost 2 years ago. It's making me really bonkers. Oh, and that dumb spot on my heel? Still not healed. I had one of those $$ Band-Aid blister things on it that are left on for several days...this was on top of liquid bandage. Finally thought it would be good to take it off, so I did. It's still raw underneath and I think a little infected. Gah...gross. This has just not been my week...or month. k
                        Maybe another round of antibiotics will help what ever is raging through your system, and it'll help your heel too. Confused I've heard that people who are prone to sinus infections get them all the time? Is that true? My mom says the same thing about Bronchitis. If it weren't for your heel maybe you could try to "run it out" (the sickness). My husband (who is very strange at times) swears by this tactic when he's not feeling well. That might be part of why I actually ran yesterday too, thinking that maybe he was on to something. Of course most people know that would just be a quick way to weaken the immune system more since it would take away any strength you did have. Roll eyes And...January is over so it's official, your bad month of the year has to stop. Tell you body to pay attention to the calendar!!!! Angry

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe another round of antibiotics will help what ever is raging through your system, and it'll help your heel too. Confused I've heard that people who are prone to sinus infections get them all the time? Is that true? My mom says the same thing about Bronchitis. If it weren't for your heel maybe you could try to "run it out" (the sickness). My husband (who is very strange at times) swears by this tactic when he's not feeling well. That might be part of why I actually ran yesterday too, thinking that maybe he was on to something. Of course most people know that would just be a quick way to weaken the immune system more since it would take away any strength you did have. Roll eyes And...January is over so it's official, your bad month of the year has to stop. Tell you body to pay attention to the calendar!!!! Angry
                          Yeah...ever since my first sinus infection about 10 years ago I have been pretty prone. Same deal with inner ear infections. As far as running it out...if my bug were just in my sinuses I could, but I need to take it easier on my lungs to avoid turning things towards pneumonia. I've been a bit too friendly with my inhaler just sitting still, so until the breathing is a bit easier I need to not get my run on. Right now the thought of running is still almost painful, so that's how I know it's not a good idea. k

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah...ever since my first sinus infection about 10 years ago I have been pretty prone. Same deal with inner ear infections. As far as running it out...if my bug were just in my sinuses I could, but I need to take it easier on my lungs to avoid turning things towards pneumonia. I've been a bit too friendly with my inhaler just sitting still, so until the breathing is a bit easier I need to not get my run on. Right now the thought of running is still almost painful, so that's how I know it's not a good idea. k
                            I've only had a couple a sinus infections - those things are painful! Is it at all possible that you are allergic to the cats? Confused

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've only had a couple a sinus infections - those things are painful! Is it at all possible that you are allergic to the cats? Confused
                              It's possible, but my allergies aren't consistently bad. More seasonal. Spring and Fall are my worst times. Pollen and mold seem to be triggers--when those things are high I tend to be pretty miserable. I think I may look into having Dane and I tested soon, though. He seems to already have seasonal issues. I've thought about doing shots, though that would be a lot of commitment to go through.

~ Sarah Kay