1500 Miles So Go Run

April goals (Read 31 times)

pcaharrier

I want to hit 170 miles for the month (which would be about 35 more than I've ever done).  If I stick to my training plan I'll do it.

I'd also like to get the point where I feel like I can shoot for a faster goal time in my 10k in May.  I'm shooting for 47 flat right now, but hopefully my speed and tempo sessions over the next month will get me to the point where 46 or even 45 minutes might not be unreasonable.

200 miles or more for the month.  Finish out my training for my 50 miler in early May.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

npaden

I will be tapering at the end of the month for my Marathon on May 5th so my miles will be down a little.

Training plan calls for 244 miles in April, but I woke up with a fever this morning and I'm going to substitute a 3 mile easy run tonight for 10 miles of Strength intervals so that puts me 7 miles behind already.  I think I should be able to hit 225 miles for the month though, that seems like a nice even number to shoot for.

Shooting for a sub 1:50 on my half marathon coming up this Saturday.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

jeffdonahue

With the crappy running I've had this year, I'm going to shoot for 150 - havent made it there yet this year, so here's hoping.

Soccer is starting up, so I'm going to add not getting injured to my goals as well.

Linda

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

pcaharrier

I missed out on my mileage goal for April (albeit only by 8.5 miles).  We got absolutely carpet-bombed a couple weeks ago by pollen and my allergies knocked me out for a couple of days.  I made up about half of the mileage, but there just wasn't enough time for me to squeeze the rest in.

On the bright side, however, I do think a time faster than my original goal for my 10k at the end of this month is possible.  I did a time trial 5k last Friday morning and was happy with the results.  In order to make my original 10k goal I need to maintain a 7:34/mile pace.  Over the course of 5k I kept a 7:01/mile pace.  Granted, I don't think there's any way at my current training that I could hold that pace for twice as along, but even if I can maintain a 7:25 that would get me to the finish line in close to 46 minutes.

npaden

I will be tapering at the end of the month for my Marathon on May 5th so my miles will be down a little.

Training plan calls for 244 miles in April, but I woke up with a fever this morning and I'm going to substitute a 3 mile easy run tonight for 10 miles of Strength intervals so that puts me 7 miles behind already.  I think I should be able to hit 225 miles for the month though, that seems like a nice even number to shoot for.

Shooting for a sub 1:50 on my half marathon coming up this Saturday.

Ended up with 241.1 miles for April so met that part of my goal.  Really stacking up the miles so far this year, it's going to be interesting to see how it works out backing back down to 40 mpw or so after the marathon is over.

Technically I didn't meet the 1:50 goal on my half marathon, but we ran .22 miles over and above the certified course and if I knock off that extra time I would have run a 1:48:29, so I'm going to count it as having met my goal anyway.

pcharrier - I'm thinking you can go sub 45:00 on your 10K if conditions are good and it's a fairly easy course.  If you can't go sub 45:00 I'm afraid I don't have much of a chance of making it myself by the end of the year.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

100 miles 100.3 YAY!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

146.1 miles

Runners run

jeffdonahue

With the crappy running I've had this year, I'm going to shoot for 150 - havent made it there yet this year, so here's hoping.

Soccer is starting up, so I'm going to add not getting injured to my goals as well.

Okay, didnt get injured so that was good, but didnt even come close to the 150 miles.  Only got to 92, which was sad for me, but I just couldnt find the time.  Plus, I was having a lot of aches and pains in my muscles and joints which made running kind of miserable.  Turns out it may have been a side effect of a cholesterol drug my doctor has me on.  I stopped taking it last week and most of those aches and pains have gone away, so here's hoping for a better May.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Okay, didnt get injured so that was good, but didnt even come close to the 150 miles.  Only got to 92, which was sad for me, but I just couldnt find the time.  Plus, I was having a lot of aches and pains in my muscles and joints which made running kind of miserable.  Turns out it may have been a side effect of a cholesterol drug my doctor has me on.  I stopped taking it last week and most of those aches and pains have gone away, so here's hoping for a better May.

Hope you found a replacement for the  cholesterol drug.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

Hope you found a replacement for the  cholesterol drug.

Nope, not yet.  Have to call the doctor again because she just didnt get back to me.  Actually I do find that if I can get my mileage up over 50 miles per week that my cholesterol is just fine.  But when I drop way down like I am now it goes up.  The reason I was on the drug is because she happened to test me about a couple months after my soccer injury so my running was pretty much non-existent.