1500 Miles So Go Run

May Goals .... Let's Get This Party Started! (Read 676 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Well, we are almost 1/2 through May, I guess I'd better set some goals.  I want to run a lot.  I'm sick of injuries.  May 22 starts my marathon training, so I'm hoping to catch up in mileage and come June blow the miles out of the water...

Bring it on.

xhristopher

Since I failed to get 200 in April I'll try to get it in May again.

Find some random races and run them, or as Nobby would say "crap shooting."

150 miles on the bike just so I have another goal to miss.

I'm going to be the first one to declare a fail on the run mileage goal. I've got some general shin weirdness going on and I'm going to try and rest it now so I can try to avoid having to deal with it later when the mileage goal really matters. I'm hoping I can hit a 5K towards the end of the month but don't know what to expect. The silver lining is I'm getting more bike miles. I'm tempted to enter a bike race Sunday just to see what happens. Now that would be "crap shooting."

#artbydmcbride

"Catch and stay ahead of Ileneforward" was going to be one of my goals too but I didn't want to seem like I was picking on you!

Smile

I guess I better not slack off!  Cool

Runners run

Smile

I guess I better not slack off!  Cool

I don't think you have anything to worry about from me...a taper really does do some damage to the ol' YTD doesn't it?  Ah well, it was worth it.

I don't think you have anything to worry about from me...a taper really does do some damage to the ol' YTD doesn't it?  Ah well, it was worth it.

Don't mention the T word, it is highly offensive Wink

Jerry
            A runners blog-updated daily

I just have to say, that although I am failing at meeting my mileage goal, I did start new things this month.  I started weight training (just a little), and today I started swimming!!  I also got back on the track for a speed workout.  So, I'm not all that upset that my mileage is pathetic.  Big grin

Michelle

I just have to say, that although I am failing at meeting my mileage goal, I did start new things this month.  I started weight training (just a little), and today I started swimming!!  I also got back on the track for a speed workout.  So, I'm not all that upset that my mileage is pathetic.  Big grin

My mileage has dropped off too but because of the rotten taper and after doing high numbers in recent weeks it is driving me absolutely crazy.

You have come with an interesting point though about your mileage goal because you are doing cross training it will affect it but I don't think that is a bad thing. I wish I did the other things like weights and swimming but I am finding it hard to fit it all in.

Jerry

My mileage has dropped off too but because of the rotten taper and after doing high numbers in recent weeks it is driving me absolutely crazy.

You have come with an interesting point though about your mileage goal because you are doing cross training it will affect it but I don't think that is a bad thing. I wish I did the other things like weights and swimming but I am finding it hard to fit it all in.

I'm not the best with sticking to any plan, so I'm curious to see how well I do with adding biking, swimming, and weights into my schedule.  Fortunately my work is flexible, so I can juggle my days around a little bit to sneak out to the gym for stuff like weights and a quick swim. 

Races really do slow down the mileage.  I didn't think much about it till recently.  Having to ease up on miles during a race week, and then recovering after a race.   Throw in any injuries, or other reasons that keep us from running, and suddenly it's a low month!  

This week I have to resist the urge to try to catch up to make May a decent month.  Doing that would end in some sort of pain, I'm sure!

I'll just have to accept May as a low month.  Smile

Michelle

Races really do slow down the mileage.  I didn't think much about it till recently.  Having to ease up on miles during a race week, and then recovering after a race.

Yeah, I'm not going to make my goal.  I only had one real race that I tap...woops, almost said it again there, sorry Jerry, Wink...suddenly barely going to make 160?  Ah well, guess this will just be a cut back month!

Yeah, I'm not going to make my goal.  I only had one real race that I tap...woops, almost said it again there, sorry Jerry, Wink...suddenly barely going to make 160?  Ah well, guess this will just be a cut back month!

We're like those little toy cars that you pull back to rev up, well, this is our rev up month!  Look out for June, July and even August!  Big grin

Michelle

AAAhhhh somebody nearly said the "T" Word, I am going absolutely stir crazy with all the symptoms from mild depression, gut ache, aching legs, headaches and now a niggle has appeared that wasn't there before. Joking

I hope you guys are not beating yourselves up about reaching arbitrary goals as a lot of you seem to be doing other activities

Jerry

#artbydmcbride

Oh no! ....not a niggle!  Shocked

Big grin

I just might make my May goal

Runners run

I won't be making my 200 goal for May, but I'm pretty happy with the last few days so I'll get over it. Big grin I think I'm supposed to be doing that t-word for a 50K on June 4th but ah well.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

jeffdonahue

Ahh Crap!!!  Yesterday I looked and thought i was still on track to meet my 200 mile goal for this month.  Today I looked and there is no way I'm going to make it.  Apparenlty yesterday I had looked at the "rolling 30 day total" and not my total for May.

So now I should hit somewhere in the 180-185 range.  Speedwork sessions are still going well and i did do some core work yesterday, though that was the only time this month.

On 28/29 May I will be running from Birmingham to London, England along the Grand Union Canal, a total distance of 145 miles and have to complete in in 45 hours non-stop...that is my main goal. I have entered a marathon as a "training run" 2 weeks before but it will be at a very much reduced pace without any race speed in it so

1. Complete the Grand Union Canal Race 145 miles within 45 hours FAIL
                                2. Be a mule and pacer at my local marathon to allow by friend to beat her 4:30 PB

Did #2

#1 I only managed 91of the 145 miles but feel pretty good even getting to where I did, totally lost energy and ankle had swollen up

Jerry