1500 Miles So Go Run

Would it be too much to ask? (Read 624 times)

Thanks all here are some pics!!! Bah can,t get image shack to work to tiredSad will work on it tomorrow. Click on my name for a pic of Cara though will change that pic.
    Congratulations!!! How wonderful! Smile MTA: I cannot imagine life with twins! Please be sure to share some of your experiences with us!

Michelle

You guys need to chill out. I don't really have a goal in mind for how much mileage this year, but all I can say is that you never know what is around the corner with injuries etc. The reason my mileage was up initially, is because I was peaking with my low heart rate training. You will be glad to know that now I am finished with that, and am in my strength and speed phase, so will now only be between 35-45 mpw. So, I will be dropping down the rankings quickly ok guys. And I think instead of being bitter about it, it would be more beneficial to be positive: say, "Hey Eddy, you are doing well, from where you have come, keep it up" I dont intend to show off or dominate or anything like that, but to see my name near the top does wonders for my self esteem as it has aleways been low(before I started running), and this gives me a little confidence now, and self belief, that I can actually achieve something. Hope this clears things up.
      See, well now we know. Before now I was thinking you were going to keep up at that rate and didn't entirely see the point in your being in this group. I find it to be very impressive on how you've progressed with your weight loss and with your running, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to excel. It was just quite noticeable when you finished off the year with such a drastic increase in mileage and kept going even stronger into the new one. Actions like that can sometimes lead to injury and I was thinking about how I've never seen anyone increase quite as you did. As for seeing your name at the top of the list, you're right, it must be very inspiring - I know how I feel when I move up a few numbers. I don't think anyone is denying that. After all, I suppose we need to focus on the bunny - he's the one we're trying to stay ahead of.

Michelle

Len

Damn Yankee

You guys need to chill out. I don't really have a goal in mind for how much mileage this year, but all I can say is that you never know what is around the corner with injuries etc. The reason my mileage was up initially, is because I was peaking with my low heart rate training. You will be glad to know that now I am finished with that, and am in my strength and speed phase, so will now only be between 35-45 mpw. So, I will be dropping down the rankings quickly ok guys. And I think instead of being bitter about it, it would be more beneficial to be positive: say, "Hey Eddy, you are doing well, from where you have come, keep it up" I dont intend to show off or dominate or anything like that, but to see my name near the top does wonders for my self esteem as it has aleways been low(before I started running), and this gives me a little confidence now, and self belief, that I can actually achieve something. Hope this clears things up.
        I think you've made impressive strides with your training, one question I do have though- why do you include walking in your running log? It isn't that important and doesn't affect your mileage too much, but in my eyes anyway, it seems an effort to pad your log.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Len, nice win tonight. Glad he didn't miss that 3rd time! Smile MTA: I felt so bad for him when he missed that second time. My husband was ready to make me leave the room. Something about "not supposed to feel bad for the kicker"... Roll eyes

Michelle

why do you include walking in your running log?
            I think this question has come up elsewhere recently too. I've wondered about why it's included in the running log. I think others log it under other type of workout.

Michelle

I'm running alot right now since I took off from xmas until february for the birth of my twinsSmile Jan 17(via c-section). I doubt I will be able to keep the miles up but would gladly bow out if I was able to. PS A boy Peyton and girl Cara for anyone interested
              Congratulations. One of each, how nice!

Slow-smooth-fast

I think this question has come up elsewhere recently too. I've wondered about why it's included in the running log. I think others log it under other type of workout.
                I include it as the walks that I do are training walks, as I walk with ankle and wrist weights on, and a suit to suck out sweat, so they are part of my routine. I dont include regular walks.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Len

Damn Yankee

Eddy you've been the subject of a lot of discussion on RA lately, and I've certainly been a part of some of it. I do want to say this however, you have come a long way and you are to be commended for all the hard work and dedication you've put in to get where you are now. I did bring up the walking mileage, but in your case it's probably less than 1% of your total and I really don't think it's of much consequence. You are a serious runner, and have pretty thick skin; you've got my respect.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

I include it as the walks that I do are training walks, as I walk with ankle and wrist weights on, and a suit to suck out sweat, so they are part of my routine. I dont include regular walks.
                    That makes sense! Thanks for explaining. Mind if I ask exactly what the ankle weights primary purpose is? What size weights do you use? I'm curious. After thinking about that, I wonder if ankle weights have a similiar effect as to doing a hill workout. Confused Why the suit? You look as though you've loss the weight you wanted to.

Michelle

Slow-smooth-fast

That makes sense! Thanks for explaining. Mind if I ask exactly what the ankle weights primary purpose is? What size weights do you use? I'm curious. After thinking about that, I wonder if ankle weights have a similiar effect as to doing a hill workout. Confused Why the suit? You look as though you've loss the weight you wanted to.
                      I am somewhat obsessed, you dot lose over85lbs without becoming somewhat obsessed along the way. I use 1.5 kg wrist and ankle weights, just for a change really. Nothing too technical, and I dont over stress myself or anything, because I do a very hard session of hills every weekend. The suitI wear to drain sweat is more of a detox thing, primarily to get all the "shit" out of my skin. Probably none of this makes sense but hey, I am a bit of a nutter. Regarding my weight I still want to lose at lease another 12 lbs. This should make me somewhat faster, and my abs will be on show fingers crossed.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009