1500 Miles So Go Run

2013 Goals (Read 112 times)

jeffdonahue

Post em if you got em.

My goals (to be updated soon because i havent' honestly thought them all through)

Running Related

• Heal up (abdominal strain from Fall soccer and now some knee pain)
    • 2,000 miles
    • 5K PR (sub 18:52)
    • Marathon PR (sub 3:36:52)   Scrapping the marathon this year I think unless things heal up fast, too many injuries that I'm worried about so i dont think I'll be able to put in the base mileage I want to.

Non-running Related

• Be more positive about things.  I found last year I was whining a lot and that needs to stop.
    • Write another book
    • Get more fit - would like to see my abs by my birthday (July 2nd)
    • Eat Better - not going fully Paleo, but eating more veggies and fruits and less crap from the vending machine (this should help me achieve previous goal)
    • Weight training of some sort 3 days/week

I may come up with more later but that should get me going.

Best of luck and Happy New Year to everyone.

Check out the new avatar - sometimes we all need a good kick in the ass to get us going.

Jeff

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1500 miles

100+ miles each month( 5 months last year < 100)

No more than 12 M / U (16 in 2012)Injure keep me on the sidelines.

Strength training 3 times a week

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

npaden

My 2013 goals are pretty much shown on my signature but I'll repeat them here.

#1 is my first Marathon coming up on May 5, 2013.  For sure want to go sub 4 hours, currently training and shooting for somewhere around 3:50.  It's a little bit of a hilly course and weather may end up being a factor so I'm thinking that if I'm trained to run 3:50 in ideal conditions that I will still be able to go sub 4 hours if things don't turn out perfect.

#2 is to run my age in a 10K.  I'll turn 45 this year and think that a sub 45 10K is a possibility, but it's going to be a strech. That's a 7:15 pace which I almost pulled off on my PR 5K this fall (7:18 pace), just need to be able to keep that pace going for twice as long now!

#3 is to run 1,500 miles of course!  I also want to run 100+ miles each month as well.  I barely eeked out 100 in December after taking some time off of running during a ski vacation and getting sick over Christmas and with 100.3 miles, but that kept my streak of 100+ mile months going at 10 months straight.  I'd like to keep that streak going for a long time.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

flarunner

Goals for 2013:

Run every day Monday through Saturday, every week.

Run the Pony Express Route. I'm somewhere in Kansas right now.

Run (race?) 5 half marathons and 4 10Ks.

Stay injury free.

Enjoy it, all of it.

Larry T

Lean Running Machine

Goals for 2013:

Keep my Running Streak going.

Run my first marathon since 2000. Signed up for the Memorial Day Marahon since it is close but could be tough since I heard it is hilly.

Stay injury free.

Enjoy it, the most important goal.

"If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."

Alberto Salazar

#artbydmcbride

Goals for 2013:

lose weight

set new PRs in marathon, half marathon, 1 mile distances

up my mileage and keep it up consistently

Have lots of fun.

Runners run

I just can't seem to come up with any goals for this year! Ilene's are good so maybe I'll just steal hers.

#artbydmcbride

I'll share.  Smile

Runners run