1500 Miles of Get to Running

Take that, Rabbit! (Read 463 times)

So far I'm doing better than I planned. Time will tell if I can keep this up or not. Confused I think I need to slow my per mile speed down a little until my right hamstring stops nagging me. I'm slowly figuring this running thing out. I just need to listen to my body more and not view every chance to run as a battle against the clock.

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

Think Whirled Peas

I'm slowly figuring this running thing out. I just need to listen to my body more and not view every chance to run as a battle against the clock.
      Exactly my problem. Exactly. I did it again today too. Hammered a run when I intended to go out SLOW and stay there. Bah!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Prophet!

You're in Denver? Why?
        wife had training class in denver, so made a small vacation out of it..few days in CA to visit the in-laws, Disneyland, and in Denver for this week. We got here on Thursday, went up the mountain on Friday to snowboard. Massive altitude sickness pretty much ruined the whole weekend.At least i got one day of snowboarding before curling up in a ball at the hotel room the whole weekend. Roll eyes At least the headaches have gone away.
          wife had training class in denver, so made a small vacation out of it..few days in CA to visit the in-laws, Disneyland, and in Denver for this week. We got here on Thursday, went up the mountain on Friday to snowboard. Massive altitude sickness pretty much ruined the whole weekend.At least i got one day of snowboarding before curling up in a ball at the hotel room the whole weekend. Roll eyes At least the headaches have gone away.
          That stinks about the sickness!! I've never had that experience so I can only imagine.

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

Exactly my problem. Exactly. I did it again today too. Hammered a run when I intended to go out SLOW and stay there. Bah!
            I'm my own worst enemy at times. I get out there and feel great so I just keep going, no matter what I've told myself about "keep it nice and slow". On shorter runs it's not such a bad thing, but on my long runs I need to have a running partner that will remind me to slow down so I can actually finish the run!

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

Prophet!

That stinks about the sickness!! I've never had that experience so I can only imagine.
              yeah i had this happened to me last time i was here too. I guess really need to acclimate when i go over 10000 ft. I felt fine when i went to Tahoe, which i think was lower in elevation.