1500 Miles So Go Run

You know what really screws up your training? (Read 250 times)

PWL

Has been

...a newborn. He is not very cooperative with scheduling feedings/naps/diaper changes around Daddy's long runs. Sheesh... Roll eyes Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

Congrats on the new addition.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's a surprise! Why do you think I waited until my kid was 5 to take up running...? Wink He sure is cute, though... Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

But what a cutie! That is why you have to schedule your running around him! I used to have all of my running clothes ready to go and when ds woke up any time after 4 am I would get dressed (and suck down a little food) while dh changed his diaper, nurse him and go go go trying to get back before he needed to nurse again. Tongue

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Congratulations! He's adorable!

Michelle

PWL

Has been

Congratulations! He's adorable!
              Thanks! Where have you been Michelle? I feel like I haven't seen you around much on the boards recently.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Thanks! Where have you been Michelle? I feel like I haven't seen you around much on the boards recently.
                I'm pulling myself out of a rut. I've lost motivation to run. I think it's coming back, at least I'm working on it. Confused I have a marathon on the 4th and as of right now, I'm not feeling ready. It'll still be fun though. I just got back from vacation (Ireland) and while I was there I wasn't online much. Work has been brutal too. Since I was on vacation for 10 days I came back to a mountain of stuff to do. Also...With spring comes more soccer. My daughter's travel soccer team rules my weekends pretty much. Thanks for noticing & asking. Smile

Michelle

jfa

Congratulations on the new runner PWL!! Invest in a good quality stroller that you can run with and you're in business! Smile

Invest in a good quality stroller that you can run with and you're in business! Smile
                    I wasn't running back when my kids were babies but I've always wondered how well the running strollers work. Sounds like a perfect way to spend the baby's nap time. Smile

Michelle

PWL

Has been

We have invested in a decent jogging stroller. My wife insisted we get one since we both run (she is itching to go since she hasn't been able to run since around January). He's too young to sit in it yet, but I'm sure it will be well used. Smile