1500 Miles So Go Run

Who is racing this weekend? (Read 364 times)

Not enough chatter in this group......

Who is running?  What distance?  Where?

I'll be sitting on my fat ass.... need to hear about your races....

I am off on a VERY hilly trail marathon called Beachy Head Marathon on Saturday the hill profile is below. I hear the weather is going to be atrocious with high winds and rain...bring it on

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

I'll grant you that looks hilly but judging by the little men running the course that can't be more than 1/4 of a mile. 

Though I am a bit worried for you as that appears to be a guy falling into the pit of doom at the finish line. 

mercy....

what is the total elevation gain?  It looks like a very tough course.... and with the rain it could be treacherous

Good luck!

Kimmie

I'm racing this weekend... Marine Corps Marathon.

The organisers are a little vague with details but I found this on an unofficial site

At the best guess it is slightly more than the marathon distance and has a total ascent of 3500 ft, plus gates, stiles, bridges cattle grids and several flights of steps!

It is a tough course, I did it last year and you have to add at least 30-45 minutes to your PB road marathon

Jerry

I'm racing this weekend... Marine Corps Marathon.

good luck in the MCM this weekend....

I watched the video of the course..... seems like a cool route... lots to see.  It also made me realize that marathons are far!

The organisers are a little vague with details but I found this on an unofficial site

At the best guess it is slightly more than the marathon distance and has a total ascent of 3500 ft, plus gates, stiles, bridges cattle grids and several flights of steps!

It is a tough course, I did it last year and you have to add at least 30-45 minutes to your PB road marathon

I'm soft.  I'll have to take a pass on such a tough marathon.  I just ran a net downhill marathon and was total baggage.

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm still recovering from last weekend.  But I'm running a 5k in 2 weeks.  That should be fun!

Bring it on.

Jerry

Nice report Jerry-

Thanks for sharing.

Running a 5K on Halloween ... 13 days post marathon and hope to shave at least 1:00 min from PR of 22:47.

Weather conditions should be good and legs should be recovered, only downside will be course:

Out and back

0 - .5 mi -- Flat

.5 - 1.0 -- Downhill

1.0 - 2.0 -- Flat

2.0 - 2.5 -- Uphill

2.5 - 3.1 -- Flat

"Hills" are not too bad (maybe 2 - 3% grade), but a hill at 2.0 - 2.5 of 5K is not really ideal, especially going out fast with first half net downhill.

Goal pace will be 7:00, and we will see if that marathon training will pay off when sucking wind after tackling hill and still 1/2 mile to go

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

going to have to suck it up today to get over the 1,500 mark.

yesterday was one of those days to feel old.  if you really want to feel slow, try running 49-second race against a bunch of sprinters.  I ran in the outside lane giving me about 6-8 yards on the guy in lane 7, he caught me in about 5 seconds.  Winner made it 380 meters.  I uhhh, made 295 for 8th place... out of 8. 

It was cold and nasty out.  But it was just a goofy halloween pentathlon.  I did learn I could throw a football 41 yards.  Too bad 58 was the winner.  Standing broad jump?  7-3.  Winner?  9-10.  Yeah, I feel old.  Even the mile was sucky, 5:57. 

man I feel old.  5 events, 2 last places and 2 second to last.  damn.  Now out to slog away to reach 1,500 miles...