1500 Miles So Go Run

Welcome New Peeps! (Read 1699 times)

Im in. Almost made 1000 last year and that was fighting with shin splints most oif the year till my 400 dollar ortho inserts. so I may be able to make it this year. But I am also one year older!!! Brian

King of Sparta

But I am also one year older!!!
      Welcome along Brian. I prefer to think of it as one year more experienced.
      2008 Goals:
      - Sub 1:00 10 mile
      - Sub 3:00 marathon
        I'm in! 29 miles a week is a bit of a stretch for me given prior years, but as long as I can maintain running without taking prolonged bouts of laziness, I should be fine (I'm up around 30 now). I just need to consistently run!
        LTD

Hi all! I am new to RA. I am looking for a group to join and 1500 seems like the best goal for me this year. Just starting to look around the group, reading forum posts and going to try and find out how the bunny works. I posted a hello in the running 101 forum a few days ago. Seems there are some great people, and so, great information here. Terry
            Welcome! The bunny slogs along all day long - every day - rain or shine. Sometime you love the bunny - when you are ahead of him - sometimes you hate the bunny. The bunny doesn't care - he just keeps hopping. It's customary to give the pace bunny a swift kick and to announce it to the group when you pass the bunny. Some people use the people immediately ahead of them as mini pace bunnies. Do not kick these bunnies when you pass them. If you haven't seen the Administrative Note thread - I make everyone in here a group admin. It's an experiment in anarchy.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Some people use the people immediately ahead of them as mini pace bunnies. Do not kick these bunnies when you pass them.
              Cute. Smile

Michelle

wanderingoutlaw

I'm in for this year. Last year I ran 1390 miles; my running slowed down in November and took a nose dive in December. I'm shooting for a marathon late this year, so that should help boost my mileage in the autumn.

John

I'm new to this group here- last year just made 1000 miles. Goal this year is 1300+, so I don't know if I'll make it to the 1500 finish line, but it didn't seem fair to stay in the 1000 mile group. I'm looking forward to pushing myself towards this new challenge. Can I be an admin too?? Pretty please?? Blush
                    I'm new to this group here- last year just made 1000 miles. Goal this year is 1300+, so I don't know if I'll make it to the 1500 finish line, but it didn't seem fair to stay in the 1000 mile group. I'm looking forward to pushing myself towards this new challenge. Can I be an admin too?? Pretty please?? Blush
                    Welcome, Shaunna. And certainly.

I'm in for this year. Last year I ran 1390 miles; my running slowed down in November and took a nose dive in December. I'm shooting for a marathon late this year, so that should help boost my mileage in the autumn.
                      Welcome. It's definitely tough to get out there sometimes when it gets cold. My current motivation is that I spent so much of the summer complaining about the heat - that I couldn't live down not running in the cold Big grin

yay shaunna Smile i didn't quite make 1000 last year so 1500 does seem a bit daunting!

Sierra Foothills Runner

Okay, count me in too! I didn't start logging my runs 'til September last year & then lost the log in the transition to RA, but I was averaging 25 - 30 mpw. So far this week I'm at 18...so good start to my 1500! Looking forward to keeping up with ya'll.

jfa

Hi Folks ~ I'm in and that Bunny is goin to be toast!!!

still sort of new to Running ahead (found it in late november) and new to the user groups. I have to say that this is an awesome motivator to keep it up because there is nothing worse than losing a race to a bunny. Looking forward to running 1500 this year and getting to know more people on this site!
                              keep running!
                              dgtray

I'm a refugee from coolrunning and signed up for the 1,500 group. I like the pace bunny concept and it will keep my on task. Last year I was at 1,466, so another 34 shouldn't be a problem.

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7