1500 Miles So Go Run

Where are all of the races? (Read 186 times)

I don't know if its just here in Wisconsin or if its the same everywhere, but the only races run seem to be 5k. Other than full marathons, there only a couple halfs in April and then one or two races longer than 5k for the rest of the year. I'm trying to fit in a couple of races for the summer and the only races within 100 miles of my house are a 10 miler on August 3rd and a half on August 30th. Do people here just not run or is it the same in other places?
    Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"

A Saucy Wench

I have races coming out my ears. If I didnt have kiddos I could be killing myself every weekend. But try to find a race here in february..chirp chirp. Every year I want to do the "race a month" and get stuck for Feb

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

My theory is that aren't many people in Wisconsin who can run more than a 5k. We like cheese and all-you-can eat buffets. Not good habits for long distance running!
        Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My theory is that aren't many people in Wisconsin who can run more than a 5k. We like cheese and all-you-can eat buffets. Not good habits for long distance running!
          My folks keep trying to talk me into coming and running the Beer Belly race in GB. I think it's 2 miles. Mostly a fun walk...a few people do run it, but something like 3/4 of the people who enter walk and drink beer. Gotta love WI. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

No real issue with that here in Massachusetts - there are pretty much races up the yahoo all year long. Though during the summer there are not as many longer races just because of the heat.

Queen of 3rd Place

It's ridiculous, everything shuts down here from June to September, even then the first local race in Sept. is up the hill at 3,000 ft. BUT...it's a good excuse to go to the coast. Arla

Ex runner

Dog-Love

I have races coming out my ears. If I didnt have kiddos I could be killing myself every weekend. But try to find a race here in february..chirp chirp. Every year I want to do the "race a month" and get stuck for Feb
                We are the same here in Juneau...one a week and sometimes 2 and my daughter want to run as many as possible to ear points. Come January it is 1 a month which I still think is just fine. We just ran a midnight race last night and there is a great trail race next Sat. Gonna sskip it to go fish
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)