1500 Miles So Go Run

July 12 - July 18 Racing (Read 368 times)

Races and events are now open for 12th - 18th July 2010, just add it to a post below
    Name
     Distance  Date Race/event
     Location  Goal  Result
     C-R  5 km
     13 July
     Noblesville XC Twilight Series
     Noblesville IN USA
     <21:00  20:58
    Jerry-  52.4 miles
     18 July
     50 Mile Challenge
     Kent, England
     <9:00:00  32.75 miles in 6:04 hours
     PerfesserR  13.1 miles
     17 July
     Devil Mountain Trail Half Marathon  CO, USA

Not getting injured

and finishing

2:41
     MandyS  6 km
     17 July
     A Race  Wellington XC Championships
     NZ  <28:00  26:50

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Next up for me is the Wellington XC Championships which is Sat 17th.  It is 6k (again hilly with jumps like last week - in fact a bit hillier if I remember rightly).

Having roundly beaten my last week's goal I've actually changed this week's - will now be aiming for 28mins.

Good luck Jerry (I had to read that twice before I realised it really did say 50 miles)!

You too Perfesser - have a great race.  I did a trail half yesterday - it was great fun and amazing views but really really tough.

"A Race" 

Well I guess that describes it as well as anything else!  Its the Wellington XC Championships.

"A Race" 

Well I guess that describes it as well as anything else!  Its the Wellington XC Championships.

All changed

Jerry

C-R

Spur o the moment XC 5k on the 13th. Noblesville XC Twilight Series (Noblesville, IN, USA). Goal was sub 21.

Result = 20:58.

First real XC race for me. My twin 9 yo boys ran too as well as my wife. First time for them as well. We had a blast.

About 100 HS girls and boys + coaches and a couple of parents running. Man I felt old. One thing I learned is that grass sure is slower than pavement. I need stronger legs if I'm going sub 20 at XC.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Reporting back.  I'll try and keep the excited squeaks to a level where you can't actually hear them all the way from NZ.

and

a silver medal :-)

WOW, I can feel the excitement here in England, that is certainly some jump in time, well done.....and a medal

Jerry

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR  13.1 miles
                     17 July
                     Devil Mountain Trail Half Marathon  CO, USA

Not getting injured

and finishing

Nice, tough run that pretty much kicked my ass. Lack of training, altitude, unusually warm temps and a nice rocky descent/climb through Devil's Canyon. I really had the HR pegged for the last few miles but DW and I finished in 2:41 or so. Soaked in the cold San Juan River on the way back to our B&B. 

Highly recommended 50mile/50k/HM, I plan to return next year for at least the 50k. 

And, talking to one of the volunteers who clears and marks trails today, I learned that if they mark the trail too soon before the race, the cows eat the ribbons. Cows are stupid. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I had a miserable run, this poor Brit body is just not used to the heat, here is my race report

Jerry