1500 Miles So Go Run

running on vacation (Read 312 times)

Gig

I just finished a week-long vacation in Nags Heac, NC. I got in a lot of running. Very flat, with some hilly options, including some of the largest dunes in the world.

Anybody else have some great vacations spots to run?

jeffdonahue

Well, I wasnt on vacation but I got some great run in down in Orlando.  I was staying near Sea World at the Peabody Orlando (right next to the Orange County Convention Center where my conference was) and my best run was one morning when I ran the 14 miles to Downtown Disney and back.

It was 5:30 in the morning and that place was already hopping with employees getting ready for the day.

jules2

I just finished a week-long vacation in Nags Heac, NC. I got in a lot of running. Very flat, with some hilly options, including some of the largest dunes in the world.

Went to Spain a few years ago arrived at the hotel at night, went for a run the next morning and then couldn't find the hotel and it was getting hotter and hotter.  Eventually found it and realised several times I had been very close to it but didn't recognise it.

The one thing I like about holiday running is running on a beach.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Croatia, beach running and then taking on a few hills......a little too hot to really enjoy but a beautiful country

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

sluggo

John

Nags Head is gorgeous! Nice vaca!

I just finished a vaca in Maine. It rained every day. Temps were between 55 & 65. My right knee has been sore for several weeks. I ran once and loved every minute of NOT running.

Maybe this is a clue about why I will fail to get 1500 mi this year...

John
            www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"