1500 Miles So Go Run

As we wind down the year.... (Read 192 times)

Go Pre!

It was fun playing 1500 with you all. Unfortunately ITB issues kept me at bay but I am happy to say I crossed the 1400 mile point this week Smile Congrats to all of those who reached their goals. See you at the 1500 + mile mark this time next year! Dave
      1400 miles is nothing to sneeze at, Dave! Congrats on hitting that this week Smile
      2009: BQ?
        congrats Dave!! 1400 is not too shabby! Wink

Jennifer mm#1231

New Year and your shot at redemption are right around the corner. Rest up... Fine effort this year.
            1400 is a great accomplishment! Smile Especially with the ITB issues.

Michelle

Go Pre!

Thanks guys, I am happy overall with this year's results. I wanted to let you know that although I missed the 1500 mile goal, I did at least finish the year with a bang. Yesterday, I went out for a little race here called the Resolution Run 5K. (for Policing reasons they made Toronto move it to yesterday) It was run in a neat area of the city and had about 500 peeps. Weather was good, around zero (30F) and I was the only one in shorts Shocked It was hosted by the Running Room, (Canada's leading chain of Running Stores) so we recognized almost all of the volunteers. It was timed, although not chip timed. I used my Garmin for personal accuracy. I actually had to keep running past the finish line to bring it up to the full 5K mark! Anyhoo, even though it was an unofficial race (meaning, our names will not be up in lights upon Trent's wonderful Internet) I still felt the urge to HTFU and pulled of a 21:19, a 39 second PR Smile - On my way to one of 2008's goals...a sub 20 min 5K! thanks for all of your support, cheers Dave
                Hey Congratulations Dave. I would have been right there with you around 1400 had I not taken most of December off. Best of luck hitting 1500 in 2008!!
                http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                  Dave, Congratulations on your 5K PR!!! What a way to end the year! Shocked Smile
                    Dave - Congrats on the result. Was it down in the Distillery District? I ran this race last year and thought it was okay, but the route left much to be desired. Would be so much better if they opened the Mill St. Brewery for post-race pints, no?

Go Pre!

Dave - Congrats on the result. Was it down in the Distillery District? I ran this race last year and thought it was okay, but the route left much to be desired. Would be so much better if they opened the Mill St. Brewery for post-race pints, no?
                      It was in the distillery district. I loved the start / finish area and the first / last 1k, but the route along the Bayview Extension was a bit blah. Actually, I didn't mind that section because you get to run past all the people who haven't made the turnaround yet so I got to high five the 14 other mates that we ran with. Had the brewery been open that would have been tempting, even at 10 AM! We headed as a group to brunch and promptly replaced all calories burned during the race with eggs benedict!