1500 Miles So Go Run

November Goals...end of season (Read 907 times)

Goodness, for a small little marathon with a registration that closed in, like, 18 seconds or something...amazing the number of RA peeps who are running it.   

Monkey RD Trent posts on RA all the time.  Does that help the Confused

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

my only goal is to finish 2011 healthy and in position to run modestly well in 2012. 

#artbydmcbride

Goodness, for a small little marathon with a registration that closed in, like, 18 seconds or something...amazing the number of RA peeps who are running it.   Confused

The really surprising thing is with the death rate there from the hills and flying monkey attacks, that so many RA peeps survive!

Runners run

The really surprising thing is with the death rate there from the hills and flying monkey attacks, that so many RA peeps survive!

I guess one of my November goals is to survive Monkey too...but the easiest way to do that was not register.

I guess one of my November goals is to survive Monkey too...but the easiest way to do that was not register.

that may help your odds but it's no guarantee. 

Jill_B

I fly.

+1.  No way will I be where I'd like to be, but the foot is getting better and better so I'm hoping it'll survive.

Half marathon this Sunday... no goal but to get miles and then throw on a few more miles to make it to 20 for the day.  "Run" the Turkey Trot 4 days after Monkey.  Ha.

I am hoping November will be more of a normal mileage month than the last two months have been.

My best 5 miler for a LONG time was the one that I ran 4 days after the first monkey.  But I think that the 5 mile course was measured short... either way, I look forward to meeting you!

Bring it on.

- Find my early morning miles motivation

- 2  5k races

- 40 mile run on my 40th b-day

- 200 miles for the month

Michelle

- 40 mile run on my 40th b-day

That sounds great, my friend's 40th birthday is on 3rd December and we are running a 40 mile mountain race across the Brecon Beacons in Wales, UK. Where are you doing yours?

Jerry
                  A runners blog-updated daily

That is a beautiful place to run 40 miles!  My run will be without hills.  I had more than enough of those in the 50 miler last month.  I really do think I'll cry if I see hills on a long run anytime soon.   Big grin

I have two plans, I'm not sure which one I'll end up doing.  The one plan is just  run the paths and trails at Valley Forge Park and just loop around.  Or, I can run from Valley Forge Park and go into the city (Philadelphia).   The bike/running path goes right to the Art Museum, it's 20 miles there, and 20 miles back.  My 17 year old son doesn't know it yet, but he'll be riding his bike with me since I won't run into the city by myself.  

Michelle

Sounds fantastic.

I had to laugh at your comment about crying if you see another hill. after my 90 mile canal run I had similar thoughts if I saw another canal path and craved for hills Shocked

Jerry
                      A runners blog-updated daily

Sounds fantastic.

I had to laugh at your comment about crying if you see another hill. after my 90 mile canal run I had similar thoughts if I saw another canal path and craved for hills Shocked

I think we both learned a lesson about moderation being very important.   Smile

Michelle

Marylander

My 17 year old son doesn't know it yet, but he'll be riding his bike with me since I won't run into the city by myself.  

Ow, that's going to hurt, I suspect. 40 miles on a bicycle at running speeds would make for one sore butt. One of my kids (17 year old daughter, actually) went with me on something like a 10 or 11 miler and she was not happy towards the end of that. Seems that all your weight is on your butt when going that slow, none on your feet (as when pushing on the pedals).

Ow, that's going to hurt, I suspect. 40 miles on a bicycle at running speeds would make for one sore butt. One of my kids (17 year old daughter, actually) went with me on something like a 10 or 11 miler and she was not happy towards the end of that. Seems that all your weight is on your butt when going that slow, none on your feet (as when pushing on the pedals).

Good point, I hadn't thought about that.  I guess I should consider his butt. Maybe I'll reroute and have him join me for part of it instead.   I'm sure his butt will appreciate that change of plan!   Big grin   Either that or I'll just run an entirely different course so he won't have to spend hours trying to figure out what to talk to mom about.

Michelle

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

2.  To not die at the Monkey.

+1, me too. 

And start running again.

#artbydmcbride

I would like to run 180 miles at least.  But we will see what happens after my appointment with the Ortho doc for my knee on Nov. 10  Smile

So the doctor says it isn't severe enough to do surgery on, so a compression sleeve, physical therapy and perhaps an injection and I am on my way.  Smile

Runners run