1500 Miles So Go Run

I am happy... (Read 476 times)

...because

[fill in details here]

Big grin

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

#artbydmcbride

Girl scout cookie orders are on their way!

Runners run

I am going to get to run a marathon along a beach that I didn't even know I'd get to do.  

Oh, and, life is awesome Big grin

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

#artbydmcbride

Oh really?  And what beach is that?   Smile

Runners run

Florida - Atlantic side.  

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Florida - Atlantic side.  

That is awesome, I have found an out and back 100km which does beach, sea path and shingle for later on in the year however it is England, North Sea side........which for the uninitiated will be frigging cold, wet and windy.........perfect

Jerry

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I am happy because Jerry started a happy thread for us. Smile

...because the winter has been mild here in Ohio (so far).  Because snow/slush/ice have barely made a dent in my running.

Because I've (mostly) let go about caring about following my training plan...which had this strange effect of making it easier to follow, if that makes any sense.

Because I get to run 14 miles tonight.  Probably with my dog.

Because I'm convinced running lets me have contact with some of the best people in the world.

Because this quote sums up more about why I find joy in running than any other (for now!):

"We run to undo the damage we've done to body and spirit.  We run to find some part of ourselves yet undiscovered." - John Bingham

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek

Ryan....brilliant

Let me pick up on you comment:

Because I'm convinced running lets me have contact with some of the best people in the world.

I organised a night run last Saturday...the basic premise:

1. Meet after dark at a map reference
                    2. Run 4 -5 miles cross country to rural pub
                    3. Drink beer (if you want)
                    4. Return to Start running 4-5 miles

In total run 8-10 miles with like minded friends and enjoy, here is a picture of a brilliant crowd of people who will no doubt run again in about 12 weeks for more of the same, some I have never met but they were great, even the badger on my right shoulder!

Jerry

#artbydmcbride

Smile

Runners run

Because I've (mostly) let go about caring about following my training plan...which had this strange effect of making it easier to follow, if that makes any sense.

This makes perfect sense to me!!!  Once I quit following a plan I ran more, ran more workouts, recovered better and listened to my body...weird!

#artbydmcbride

..because I had an excellent race on Sunday and I think 2012 is going to be an awesome year!   For all of us!!  Cool

Runners run

...because I continue to have a blast now that I've decided my plan doesn't really matter.  Last week's highlight was two group runs--a 16 miler on Saturday and a 20+ on Sunday.  It wasn't according to plan, but I thought, "Why not?"  Had a blast both days.  Affirmed, for me, that I'm ready to start training for an ultra come May (goal marathon in May, then a 50K in June...then Dances with Dirt in Hell 50 Miler in September is the goal ultra!).

Miraculously feeling great this week, too--but it's probably for the best it's a cut-back week Smile

Also: WEEKEND.  And going home for a few days, where I'll get to run with my Dad.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                            Emil Zatopek

..because I had an excellent race on Sunday and I think 2012 is going to be an awesome year!   For all of us!!  Cool

Congrats on your marathon!!!   Our HM times are very close...but I can't imagine ever pulling off the time you did for the marathon.  How did it feel (in terms of effort)? Any tips?

anneb

Wow! 2 PR's in a row. That's awesome! Smile

Anne