1500 Miles So Go Run

Who do you run with (Read 251 times)

I'm curious. Who runs with a buddy or who runs alone? Which do you prefer? I always prefer someone to run with. For one thing, I love to chat while I run and while chatting away I pick up my pace so I get a better workout. Next week I'll be joining my friend for a track workout. This will be my first official track run. I'm looking forward to it. He's done them before so I'll be following his lead completely.

Michelle

Into the wild

Hi, I run 50% alone, and 50% with my dog Smile I rarely run with others and find that suits me. The one thing I do miss out on is competition: I ALWAYS train harder with others... MTA: I should mention that I'm not strictly alone; at the moment I am racing everyday (virtual style) against Scubadawg and Len in a bid to get back into the top 100 YTD distance...then, maybe have a shot at the bliddy rabbit Evil grin PS Don't tell Len and Scuba that I'm racing them...it's hard enough trying to do it in secret.

Shut up and run

wanderingoutlaw

I almost always run solo; I've only run training runs with other people a couple of times. To run with other people, I have to find someone who's willing to go as slow as I need to run--I primarily train with low heart rate training. I ran with a "go at your own pace" group last week and did enjoy running with a few people who were going more or less my speed. I'll probably join the group every couple of weeks but continue to run mostly alone.

John

jeffdonahue

I run probably half my runs alone with my ipod - almost never do speedwork or tempo runs with other people. Then I run a few runs a week with the local running club (www.winchesterhighlaners.org). What I like about them is that they run every day so any day I want to run with somebody I just have to go to their meeting place. I also have a friend in my town that I run with once or twice a week depending on our schedules.

#artbydmcbride

About half and half with a buddy. When I run with the running club, I can adjust my pace to stay with someone and chat, or run by myself. Long runs I usually stay with someone.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mostly alone, but there is a new RA member in my town and we ran 4 together yesterday. She has only been running 7 weeks and can already keep up with me, so I'm sure it won't be long before she's leaving me in her dust. Evil grin I have another local friend who is also at about my pace, but we have a hard time coordinating our runs. Often I am doing easy/short days on her long run days. And one of these days Joni/Sockoni and I need to do some runs together. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My favorite running buddy is my friend Ira, he just turned 60 and just ran his 25th marathon after starting at age 51. He's done some Tri's and he's about to run an Ultra relay. He's an inspiration to me, without a doubt.

Michelle

A Saucy Wench

I run 95% with a running buddy. I used to run alone. It is great because with having to run early in the morning I would be much more likely to say "screw it" if I didnt know she was out there. We do all the same training and our race paces are virtually identical - even though we usually dont race together. We did our first race together this year and finished within 5 seconds of eachother. The only downside I see is that when I do have to run alone, I struggle more than I used to. I dont remember how to keep my mind occupied alone. MTA: see--I am supposed to be getting ready to go running alone today and I am procrastinating!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

thursdays with the girls from running club saturdays with running club (often racing as its currently harrier season) sundays with marathon clinic (if i'm doing a long run) otherwise its just me
                    PWL

Has been

I used to run all the time with my wife. Then she went and got knocked up. She is returning to running now so I am not as lonely. I definitely prefer to run with someone else.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Think Whirled Peas

Most weekdays I run w/two guys from work. We've been running together for about a year or so. I really enjoy their company. We've managed to inspire a fourth guy to start running too. Weekends are solo, and I also really enjoy it. It's nice to "get inside" my own head sometimes while running. Mostly b/c there's so much empty space in there! Tongue

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

All business

Running time is me time. I almost always run alone, not even an ipod. It's the perfect time for just thinking, and de-stressing. That being said, i have enjoyed running with other people on the rare occasions that i made the effort and did it. MT adjust tenses.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Len

Damn Yankee

MTA: I should mention that I'm not strictly alone; at the moment I am racing everyday (virtual style) against Scubadawg and Len in a bid to get back into the top 100 YTD distance...then, maybe have a shot at the bliddy rabbit Evil grin PS Don't tell Len and Scuba that I'm racing them...it's hard enough trying to do it in secret.
                            Funny you mention that because every day after my normally solo run, I log it and then check to see where I'm at compared to you and Scuba as well. I ran a group run this week and it was ok, but I guess I prefer to run by myself.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Dog-Love

I run with my best friend JJ who is 32 and awesome and of course my dog Rusty. We run slow and fast and mostly talk all the time. We both love trails and are training for our 2nd marathon together. I used to like to run alone but now I run alot better with my buddys. On WednesdaysI lead a running group for kids and I have 15 sub teen runner buddys with me who LOVE to run.
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Into the wild

Funny you mention that because every day after my normally solo run, I log it and then check to see where I'm at compared to you and Scuba as well. I ran a group run this week and it was ok, but I guess I prefer to run by myself.
                                Too funny...maybe we'll get to race somewhere in another life brother Wink BTW....dentist today!! I usually struggle with pain and infection afterwards so knock yourself out Big grin

Shut up and run