1500 Miles So Go Run

April Goals! (Read 269 times)

April was supposed to be my big marathon build up month but since I was a little hesitant I was shut out of my marathon of choice (Vancouver)!

So my April goals are changing a little and rather than tapering I think I will just try to pile up the miles

Goals

1) New HM PR - Got that yesterday with 1:33:52

2) 250+ miles for month

3) More quality tempo runs to develop stamina

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

malr

I only have one goal for this month. I was shooting for my first 200 mile month in March but only made it to 195.4 miles. I know it's doable for April so that's what I'm going to do.

I am planning

1. a ~240 mile month
        2. 6 hour track race

I have no plans as to what distance in #2 as I will be running in 2-3 hours as a guide to a blind marathon runner so it is about him getting a good distance and me to get a good quality 6 hours in the legs

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

Gotta get my easy run mileage back up...my log is too heavy on the long runs! 

April was supposed to be my big marathon build up month but since I was a little hesitant I was shut out of my marathon of choice (Vancouver)!

So my April goals are changing a little and rather than tapering I think I will just try to pile up the miles

Goals

1) New HM PR - Got that yesterday with 1:33:52

2) 250+ miles for month

3) More quality tempo runs to develop stamina

Ok this all changes. Got into the Marathon off the waiting list! So a reduction in miles for the taper

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

jeffdonahue

Let's keep it simple this month

NO mileage goals

Get over groin injury - doctor said nothing strenuous till I'm off the meds (should be okay by this weekend).

Get in 1 interval workout, 1 tempo workout and 1 trail run each week.

Finally make a decision on training goals for this year - deciding between a fall marathon, going for a 5K PR or running an ultra in the Fall.

That is all.

anneb

I want a new half PR this month...oh wait I already did that Sunday! I may run another one this month, if I do I would like another PR. Aside from that, I'll just keep running easy for now.

Also, about 150 miles for April.

Anne

1.  Recover from overtraining--keep mileage cut and runs ridiculously easy until resting HR and pace @ standard HR  return to "normal."

2.  Nope, that's the only goal :-P

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek

#artbydmcbride

Race some shorter races: 5k and 10k

Runners run

tiny m

I plan to kick the training plan now that the HM is over and just run for the fun of it this month. 

I also want to go backpacking and climbing on more weekends and not feel guilty about "cheating" on running.

No mile goals, mo pace, goals, just keep running Smile