1500 Miles So Go Run

February goals (Read 722 times)

Almost the same goals for Feb as Jan.

1) I'd like to kick up my mileage a bit from Jan to 120....but it will be a stretch with two trips planned...but it's a goal

2) Lose the last of the holiday weight

3) Run injury free

4) Run a least one 5K; planned for this weekend IF the weather clears up

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Beware, batbear...

1.)  Kick up to 40+ mpw every week this month.  

2.)  Lose 5+ Lbs.

3.)  Concentrate on diet, limiting fast food.

4.)  Run every day

Well, number 1 is not going to happen.  No way I'll make 40 this week.  I just went out for what was supposed to be 6.  Legs felt like shit and I turned it back around for a happy mile and a half.  Oh well.  

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

1.  Start Eat Clean Diet

2. Lose 5 lbs

3. Run 160 miles

4.  Pilates mini workout 3x week.

1 more mile than January.

Hmmmm, I read now that others took the shorter month into consideration upon making their monthly goal...I didn't get that.  So, I'm not sure I can do one more mile this month....it will be close!  I am almost there, but if my body wants a day off, I am going to listen, so there.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

2. Run 160 5 miles
            3. Lose 5 160 lbs

A lot of people try to do it this way.

Carl A

5 pounds, 200 miles.

Due to an evil toe, I'm just going to try to hold on now for 150 miles and like 2 pounds.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Hmmmm, I read now that others took the shorter month into consideration upon making their monthly goal...I didn't get that.  So, I'm not sure I can do one more mile this month....it will be close!  I am almost there, but if my body wants a day off, I am going to listen, so there.

It is still going to be cutting it close...but I just had my first 50 mile week and am excited!!!!   I feel good, but I also feel like I should take a day off today...we'll see.  If I don't hit 181, it will be really close.

#artbydmcbride

Woohoo knifey!  Smile

Runners run

Woot

Jerry
                    A runners blog-updated daily

Great job on your 50 mile week!  Those are tough to get!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Here goes:

1. 230 miles (a bit less than Jan - but it is a shorter month!)

2. Lose another 2kg

3. A half marathon PR (20th Feb).

1.  Fail.  208

2.  Fail.  In fact I put on about 1/2 a kg.  I blame the parents coming to stay!

3.  Woohoo.  PR by 54 seconds (1.32.15)

Well, I was almost there...178.9 I think, not quite 181 - but I will take it.  I know there is 1 day left, but since I am currently bailing (baling?) water out of my basement, to the tune of 50 gallons an hour...I doubt I will get any sleep over the next 12 hours, so forget a run.  My back hurts.  Hopefully this storm lets up soon.

MTA:  I thought DH's wet vac was a 3 gallon, it is a 10 gallon, so make that 250 gallons an hour (mine is a 1 gallon - it fills in 20 seconds!).

Jill_B

I fly.

I know that I'm taking a week off running in March (we go skiing every year and sometimes I run when we are there, but I know I'm not going to this year), so I'm trying to stockpile miles in February.  We'll see how that goes.

I caught the bunny in January even after a slow start, so I'm hoping February goes well.

I think I did okay.  If I do 9 today, I'll tie January for miles, which would be nice.

March is going to be tricky.  That week off may be longer than a week.  I didn't realize we were actually going for a week, which means 2 days of travel + 7 days there.  This is the longest vacation my husband and I have ever taken (he hates missing work so we never go away for more than 6 days at a time including travel time).  My kids are super excited though... if only skiing could translate into faster running....

Bring it on.

Training plan says 170 miles in Feb. Run a marathon.  Hopefully get into a habit of doing core and upper body.  Still struggling with that one. 

I misread my training plan.  Actually I used excel incorrectly.  I was scheduled to get 150 for the month not 170.  I managed 150.1.  Next month I will try to get closer to 200.

Yeah, uhm, did some core and upper body, but got a cold and just stopped doing it.  Oops. Will try again next month. 

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My general monthly goal is 180 miles, so that's it for February.  It's a challenge this time of year, due to icky weather.  January was a less-than-stellar 124 miles.

Only 149.  A week off due to travel put the kibosh on 180.  March should be around 200, though (do we have a March goals thread?).