1500 Miles So Go Run

It's Official - I'm Addicted (Read 118 times)

If my understanding of addiction is correct, then I am definitely addicted to running. As some of you may recall, I injured my calf early in December and I announced that I was DONE for the year. I was going to take the rest of 07 off and start again in January. HOWEVER, I just couldn't stay away. After 20 days of no running I was going crazy. I would drive by someone running and I would feel the urge to get out there. I guess that is just what someone who quits smoking feels when the see someone with a cigarette or a recovering alcoholic feels when he sees someone with a beer. Shocked Shocked Anyway, I did two 5 mile runs this week and have satisfied my addiction. No pain, just pure bliss. Next year I hope to be smarter and make it through the whole year without injury. It's GREAT to be back. Maybe I will get to 1600 miles this year. Big grin Big grin

Prophet!

very cool. not a bad thing to get addicted to.
        Definitely a good addiction!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Go Pre!

I would drive by someone running and I would feel the urge to get out there.
          I know what you mean..even if I get a run in in the morning, when I see someone running later that day, i want to go out again!