1500 Miles of Hoppy Spring

Thames Trot 50 Race Report (Read 433 times)

As usual, I have tried to put together the essence of the day into my report but it takes a few days sometimes. In the meantime enjoy my exploits of the Thames Trot 50 Mile race

Race Report

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Beware, batbear...

Great run, Jerry!  Looks like you managed to have a lot of fun while tacking on 50 miles.  Very impressive.  I'll be checking in with you over at the Ultra-Runners forum to hear more about your training schedule as I have a 50K in June - my first at that distance.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Thanks Josh, I have been watching your thread for some time, I know you have that run in the bag

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

C-R

Well done Jerry. Sounds like you had a blast. That's what running should be - fun.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Thanks for posting the well-written and fun-to-read report, Jerry. I always enjoy hearing about your adventures.

Awesome job, Jerry!!!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Love reading your reports Jerry; they almost make me want to try an ultra...almost!  It would take more than a nice cup of tea at the finish to get me out there I think!  But the joy you experience really comes through - thanks for sharing.

C-R

Love reading your reports Jerry; they almost make me want to try an ultra...almost!  It would take more than a nice cup of tea at the finish to get me out there I think!  But the joy you experience really comes through - thanks for sharing.

Jen - come join us for  the Dances with Dirt 50 mile in May (they also have a 50k). It's down in Brown County. Only a nice 1.5 hours South.

Come on. You know you want to run this.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Come on. You know you want to run this.

What part of "almost" did you not understand?! 

Actually, does Dances with Dirt have a relay?  That I could probably do.

I absolutely loved the Eagle Creek Trail 1/2 Marathon...though, I have to assume as far as trails go, Eagle Creek is pretty mild compared to Brown County?  I have only ever run on a trail once (that half marathon) and it nearly killed me...but it was sooooooo much fun.  I keep telling myself that all this ice/snow running is kinda like trail running, right?  Hopefully once the snow clears I will get a little more into the trails.

C-R

It does have a relay and remember Eagle Creek has a full marathon as well. I plan to run that one this year.

Oh and trail running rocks.