1500 Miles So Go Run

2009 Marathons (Read 1746 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Okay. I took the plunge. I'm mailing my application in today. I'm going to run the Asbury Park Relay Marathon as a team of 1 (so I'm basically just running a marathon I guess...). It's on October 18, 2009. Wish me luck. I have 8 months to worry. I mean train.

Bring it on.

Jill_B

I fly.

Come on Jill, you owe it to yourself. Have some "Me" time and let the children be proud of you Big grin Just trying to be motivationalShy
      My children are proud of me. My older son asks me how far I run every day. And then he tells me if it's WAY WAY TOO FAR (he's 4) or if I should have run further. He's got some interesting ideas on how far I should be running.

Bring it on.

Oh Mighty Wing

Jill you will do GREAT!!! And I think it's soo cute that your son is proud of you!!!! I only offered my situation as a reason on why I can go a little crazy.
        AnneCA

Jill, I was tucking my almost-4 year old in one night last month, and we were doing a little guess-how-much-I-love-you (there's a children's book where a baby bunny and his daddy do this and make up sillier, crazier, bigger answers). I asked her "Do you know how much I love you?" Her answer? "Five miles." Shan, I've done one of the Enviro-Sports races (shorter distance), and found the organizers lived up to their local reputation of putting on a good race. You've got quite a schedule there!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jill, I was tucking my almost-4 year old in one night last month, and we were doing a little guess-how-much-I-love-you (there's a children's book where a baby bunny and his daddy do this and make up sillier, crazier, bigger answers). I asked her "Do you know how much I love you?" Her answer? "Five miles."
            Awww...that's really funny and sweet at the same time. I know my son really likes going to my races. Though I think he's finally not so bummed when mommy doesn't "win." I think he's figuring out that mommy's not ever going to win a race, but he's glad that I'm not last, either. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

AnneCA - that is too cute!

Bring it on.

Into the wild

Hey Jill, I added your name to the crazy list but couldn't find if there was a link to the race anywhere!! HELP Shocked

Shut up and run

runlouierun

I've just found a local seattle marathon that is FREE - so I signed up! Green River Marathon - Jun 6th!! Yippee
                  KvnJns

I've just found a local seattle marathon that is FREE - so I signed up! Green River Marathon - Jun 6th!! Yippee
                    Wow, I guess you can't complain about the price. Good luck

Kevin

Queen of 3rd Place

Orange County (OC) Marathon, May 3. Because I think if I do 5 or 10 more of these things, maybe I can race one!

Ex runner

I signed up for: -Green Bay, WI Marathon 5/17 -Chicago, IL Marathon 10/11 really looking forward to both of them Big grin
                          2 more for me... 4/4 Yakima River Canyon Marathon 5/3 Eugene Marathon

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Oh Mighty Wing

Late addition - Lower Potomac Marathon - this Sunday! (like I said - it's a late addition! Blush) Johnny - I think you meant March 8th.Wink And thanks for all your hard work!!!

Into the wild

Oops...I lost the plot somewhere there! I'll git 'er done Wink

Shut up and run

Oh Mighty Wing

thank you sir! You are awesome!Big grin