1500 Miles So Go Run

2009 Marathons (Read 1746 times)

Gig

I was trying to decide about the Pittsburgh Marathon on May 3rd. Then I took a look at the elevation chart, and particularly mile 13. That sealed the deal. My ap is in the mail. Thanks to whoever mapped out the course here.
      Wow, we're really in season now. The marathons are coming fast and furious, best of luck to all.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Oh Mighty Wing

I was trying to decide about the Pittsburgh Marathon on May 3rd. Then I took a look at the elevation chart, and particularly mile 13. That sealed the deal. My ap is in the mail.
        Sweet!!! I'm thinking of doing this one as well!!
        KvnJns

ShanGen, Are you sure you can fit that one in your schedule? Jeez you seem to be doing a marathon every week. Nice job and great times. How are the legs holding up so far and what about your motivation, how do you do it?

Kevin

Oh Mighty Wing

ShanGen, Are you sure you can fit that one in your schedule? Jeez you seem to be doing a marathon every week. Nice job and great times. How are the legs holding up so far and what about your motivation, how do you do it?
            Sorry I just saw this!!! I don't think i'll end up at Pittsburgh - cause it's closed - i'll end up somewhere though!!! Every week is my goal - the summer looks tricky as flying seems more expensive than driving, but we'll see. Legs - feel great!! I seem to be holding up well. I'll be increasing my weekly mileage over the next 2 months so we'll see how they do with that. But so far i've had no problems. Motivation - I don't know how to answer this. I started running because I thought it would be cool to run marathons. And so 1 year and 10 months later that's what I'm doing. I guess my motivation is simply that I love it. I started planning my second marathon at mile 20 of my first marathon. The first 1 lit a fire that I can't quite describe and the others have only helped to fuel that fire and encourage the beast. So I guess my motivation is intrinsic and is something I don't really understand but am not bothering to question.
              On a complete whim tonight I entered this: 9th May 2009 - Orpington Marafun (26.2 miles) in the South East England A really low key event for a charitable cause and the first time I have done a marathon on a road Shocked Eeekk feels weird Shocked

Jerry
              A runners blog-updated daily

Gig

Logistics didn't work out, so Pittsburgh on May 3 is out for me. I'll come up with something else for late Spring/early Summer, maybe.

Forever Learning

Time to commit to a Fall marathon. Put me down for Grand Rapids on October 18th Big grin
                    Already: 02.14 - Myrtle Beach Marathon Going to take it easy for the next few months, and then it's the Charlotte Thunder Road as part of my Boston Prep. Looking forward to just getting in the base miles for the next two months.

Oh Mighty Wing

I've got Apr. 18 - Andrew Jackson Apr. 25 - CMM
                        I'm running the Twin Cities Marathon on Oct. 4.  Just enough time to recover from my spring marathon, and train for the next one.

Just signed for the 2nd one of the year. Leiemarathon 20-Sept

..and I'd bet I'm the only one of the group running in Belgium

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

Michael Bennett

New York City - yay bloody yay - November 1st

GoodLife Toronto Marathon, October 18, 2009

this will be my first.

Gig

I have to pick a race to run. I'd like to do a marathon in November or December, either in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey. Maybe Ohio. Maybe Maryland or DC, but I'd like to have an excuse to get out of town for a weekend.

I'm sure there are lots of options. Any suggestions?