1500 Miles So Go Run

Administrative Note (Read 368 times)

At the start of the new year, I was thinking of kicking the people who haven't signed into the group in many moons. This is probably less than a dozen peeps total and I haven't seen any of them online in six months plus, if ever. If these people want to participate in next year's challenge they can just join again. This group is not a race, but to me it's not a big achievement to be ahead of people that aren't actually participating. Anybody opposed to this or have an alternative suggestion?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Prophet!

sounds good. Lay down the law there bonkers. Big grin
        Sounds good to me. Smile

Michelle

Good plan!
          2009: BQ?
            Thanks guys! So it is done. A dozen or two inactive people have been kicked from the group. The criteria was simple. If you've been inactive since September - kickerama. If you've been kicked and are just coming back, please don't take it personal. Welcome back. I was only trying to do a little housecleaning - plus it helps with performance of the YTD chart - which is integral to folks trying see where they are in relation to the Pace Bunny. With all the new folks on RA - the pace bunny charts have caused performance problems. Eric has done some things to improve this - and keeping the list down to only people who are actually participating will help too. Again, nothing personal and welcome back. Also - to all you new folks - Welcome! I've added you all as admins of the group. Please feel free to use your new super powers.

Bonkin, not sure if you have noticed or not, but EVERYONE (almost) is an administrator of this group... That can't be right.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Bonkin, not sure if you have noticed or not, but EVERYONE (almost) is an administrator of this group... That can't be right.
                Oh, I've noticed - in fact it's by design since I'm the one granting the admin rights. If anyone isn't an administrator - it's only because they joined since the last time I looked at the member list. It's the only way to allow anarchy on the home page - which has been a very good thing in a couple other groups around here. Feel free to use our home page as your place of 1500 Mile Club expression. It's also the only way to allow everyone to start sticky threads or to censor things that people find offensive. If it becomes a problem we can change it. Please refrain from kicking and banning folks.

Please refrain from kicking and banning folks.
                  Psssshhh... can't ban anyone who's admin. There goes my plan of booting my way to the top of the Pace Bunny Page.
                    Anarachy? As goes the government, so goes good spelling.
                      Anarachy? As goes the government, so goes good spelling.
                      In an anarchy there are no spelling rules. Wink J/K Thanks for catching that.