1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

2009 Year to date totals (Read 744 times)

My bike is my therapist

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year. January has come and gone in what seems like a flash. Most of you haven't given the bunnies a break and rounded the new year in stride. Jules has stirred up the dust for both bunnies and has a good lead. Mikeco has a healthy lead with the riding while runner extraordinaire hokieesq left the running bunny whining. Keep up the good work. Good luck in your endeavors Chenille. I agree, the riding miles are easier to catch up. Smile Year to date totals
    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
    5000 Mile Club
    Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Thanks for doing this Croydon I9 ran a 14 miles fell race today and finished in the snow I think I should get treble mileage for effort! Good luck to everyone look forward to seeing your progress in 2009.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

jules2

At the moment I seem to be the only person ahead of the pace bunny in both running and cycling, I doubt this will last long! Hows everyone else doing?

At the moment I seem to be the only person ahead of the pace bunny in both running and cycling, I doubt this will last long! Hows everyone else doing?
          75-52-71 hmmmmmmm........ I'm "thinking" of getting on my bike this week - other than that, trying to get back into the groove with running and strength training. Apparently I need to quit dreaming about summer and get back to work Tongue Nice work, Jules!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

jules2

75-52-71 hmmmmmmm........ I'm "thinking" of getting on my bike this week - other than that, trying to get back into the groove with running and strength training. Apparently I need to quit dreaming about summer and get back to work Tongue Nice work, Jules!
            All is not what it seems have a closer look at my log and you will see I have four bikes and cycle most days so I only update the mileage at odd intervals. Hows the snow your end?

All is not what it seems have a closer look at my log and you will see I have four bikes and cycle most days so I only update the mileage at odd intervals. Hows the snow your end?
              Luckily, I have managed to stay upright whilst (I love that word Big grin) running outdoors, so my end has been snow free Wink Actually, we've been seeing some sunny days and no snow for awhile - some sections of the sidewalks are bare pavement - but the parts that are not are very icy and uneven. Still need to use ice grippers. We generally get a fair amount of snow in March.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

7 inches of snow yesterday.... I blame Jules.

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Whats snow ? all I see are snowdrops as spring is in the air. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowdrop

My bike is my therapist

Well...now I know where our 4-6 inches of snow came from. Nobody believed we would actually get it in the Carolina's. We actually had "thunder snow". Very strange having thunder, lightning and snow! Shocked
                    5000 Mile Club
                    Half Marathon Trainers

My bike is my therapist

Here are the updates. I was going to do it yesterday but the "thunder snow" knocked out our internet connection. Roll eyes Jules is knocking the top out!!Big grin Mikeco is kicking some serious bike bunny butt. I need to get my running shoes on more often. The person I usually run with is an accountant. She's going to be very busy until April 15th. Something about taxes. Confused Chenille, thanks for the info on the Garmin. I'm shopping around. I've been riding the mountain bike quite a bit. That should count double miles. Jules, back me up on that .Wink Year to date totals
                      5000 Mile Club
                      Half Marathon Trainers
                        Hey, Croyden - you don't have my bike miles down - I mean, I have a whole 3.7 miles logged What? At least it's a start Blush

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

My bike is my therapist

Hey, Croyden - you don't have my bike miles down - I mean, I have a whole 3.7 miles logged What? At least it's a start Blush
                          Sorry 'bout that. I couldn't get it to refresh. Confused The kids and I have been riding around the neighborhood in the snow/ice. It's not easy after the thaw and refreeze. I can image your bike miles are not easy to come by this time of year. "Dreaming of summer" Aren't I just!!! Big grin
                          5000 Mile Club
                          Half Marathon Trainers

jules2

Here are the updates. I was going to do it yesterday but the "thunder snow" knocked out our internet connection. Roll eyes Jules is knocking the top out!!Big grin Mikeco is kicking some serious bike bunny butt. I need to get my running shoes on more often. The person I usually run with is an accountant. She's going to be very busy until April 15th. Something about taxes. Confused Chenille, thanks for the info on the Garmin. I'm shopping around. I've been riding the mountain bike quite a bit. That should count double miles. Jules, back me up on that .Wink Year to date totals
                            Triple mileage not double. I have a damaged hamstring and a shin splint both in the same leg and a half marathon a week on Sunday, wish me luck.

My bike is my therapist

Triple mileage not double.
                              Oh yea! Big grin
                              I have a damaged hamstring and a shin splint both in the same leg and a half marathon a week on Sunday, wish me luck.
                              You should really consider skipping the HM. Starting now the recovery may last a few weeks with some light cycling. Sad If you damage it further, it may take months. Cry Cry
                              5000 Mile Club
                              Half Marathon Trainers
                                I have a damaged hamstring and a shin splint both in the same leg and a half marathon a week on Sunday, wish me luck.
                                Jules, apparently luck was not needed. Nice job on the half Smile

Go With The Flow
                                Thyroid Support Group