1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

Welcome patheti_c (Read 350 times)

Eternal Rookie

Now get out there and post some numbers.

We have members that live farther north than you and some from your old country and we won't accept any excuses. Get out the door and get going, we'll be watching...

Is that the type of motivation that you need? I've got 10 years on you, but I also have 10 cousins living in the Waterloo area, most of them armed with hockey sticks. Don't make me send them to pay you a visit…

Thanks for the warm welcome, girls with hockey sticks is enough to scare anyone. 

I have a cunning plan and my wife has already bought into it

jules2

Welcome patheti-c you are the third Brit so all we need now is to get Mikeco to start posting the odd message, can you hear me Mikeco?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Eternal Rookie

I have a cunning plan and my wife has already bought into it

Like she took away your car keys and now you are going to run/bike to work?

FYI: You now have to average 21.3 miles a week to catch the bunnies instead of 19.2.

My secret is out thanks.  22 miles a week isn't far, if it was 23 I'd be worried!

So how does everyone keep motivated, don't you just think that a few bottles of beer and wings is a lot easier than running?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So how does everyone keep motivated, don't you just think that a few bottles of beer and wings is a lot easier than running?

I run so that I can eat that kind of stuff...though I should stop doing that so I can actually lose weight, instead of maintaining 20#s above where I want to be. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

My secret is out thanks.  22 miles a week isn't far, if it was 23 I'd be worried!

If you met my wife Mrs Jules you would know what keeps me outside all weathers either running or on my bike ( just joking dear )

Eternal Rookie

It’s much easier to sit in front of the telly and drink 6 pints of your favourite stout while watching 2 games of American football on a Sunday afternoon than it is to go for a 6 mile run. (How’s my English English?)

Setting goals, really does help with motivation – especially if you tell them to someone because then you’re on the hook. 1000/1000 is a good goal but you should have others throughout the year.

So what are you going to accomplish by April first?

jules2

Eternal Rookie, I'm with you I find telling everybody what I'm going to do keeps the pressure on me when things get rough and I don't want to go out the door

Thanks everyone for all those words of encouragement, so I had one of those moments when you realise that the only person you are letting down is yourself yesterday. I had just jumped into bed and thought to myself where did all my energy go, I know I'm not a youngster any more but I'm not collecting my pension yet either. So today was the start of the new me, no more excuses I'm going for it this year, it will by finest so far I will break PR's and achieve new things and it will all be recorded here.

By April1st  200 miles run.

By May 350 miles run 150 miles bike

By June 500 miles run 300 miles bike

By July 650 miles run 450 miles bike

By Aug 750 miles run 650 miles bike

By Sept 850 miles run 850 miles bike

By Oct 950 miles run 1000 miles bike

Nov 1000 on them both

PR's for the year: 1/2M <1hr 30mins 10K < 40mins

I'm sure I will get some more goals in here before the end of Feb.

Eternal Rookie

Specifics, I like that.

I’m supposed to go to a wedding in Kitchener in April and lo and behold I found this:

St. John Ambulance Marathon & Half Marathon, 5K - Waterloo, ON Canada April 25, 2010

I may have to do the half that Sunday, my performance will be dictated by how good of a time I had the night before…

Eternal Rookie, I thought about travelling down to run that 1/2 M but the oppurtunity to get a few long runs in on the road by then may be limited here, so it maybe May at the earliest for me. A brave person would only plan to run  the day after such a social celebration, I can feel the pain just sat here should all your good plans get soaked in alcohol.

hmmm, I'll be in Toronto then....I didn't see any races in Toronto, but didn't think to check places nearby.

MTA: this is starting to look good- turns out I'll be at my brother's place in Orten that weekend - about an hour away. This will be good incentive to get back into a regular routine!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

patheti_c....you are falling off the wagon - April 1 is not far away....in case you need some motivation....

time to get back out there!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

No I've been training in secret. Nice boot(s) by the way, some days I feel like I've been running in something like those. I will update my miles tomorrow, to see how far behind I am. I hope your have been banging those miles out. I've recently started a fitness program, to try and shift the extra weight, which in turn should make me faster (I think!) so I should go farther in the same time. If I go farther in the same time I won't need to run for to much longer to slowly claw back the miles I am behind the bunny. If I was running at 8 min / mile and lose 30 pounds which should give me at least 4 seconds / pound each mile, then I will run at 6 min / mile. so at 6 mins / mile every 4 miles I ran at 8 mins / mile will actually be 5.33 miles. If I planned to run 100 miles in 1 month I will now run approx 134 miles. I knew that lossing weight would be beneficial.