1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking

I think I need to change my biking goal... (Read 296 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...'cause I just hit 1k miles tonite. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Eternal Rookie

Very cool. I um have yet to hop on the bike this year. The last few years it’s mainly been when-I’m-injured-I-ride. Looks like I will be back in the saddle soon.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no...this means you are battling injury?  I'm sorry.

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Zoom Zoom, well done

I'm just off now for my first 10 mile time trial of the year and I can still remember how much they hurt, wish me luck.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Jules good luck and keep your cadence high!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Someday I want to do a time trial.  Last night we were supposed to attend a criterium...actually, we did.  But it was cancelled at the last minute for lightning.  Time trial looks less scary.  Pelotons freak me out.

~ Sarah Kay

Eternal Rookie

Zoom-zoom: Yeah, tweaked something in the back of my leg.  Time trials are fun and can be incredibly hard.

Craneium: I like to spin at 100+.

Jules: 10 mile TT - I’m guessing a 27:30 if it was flat and windless.

jules2

Zoom-zoom: Yeah, tweaked something in the back of my leg.  Time trials are fun and can be incredibly hard.

Craneium: I like to spin at 100+.

Jules: 10 mile TT - I’m guessing a 27:30 if it was flat and windless.

Wrong , it was 27:27 how did you get so close? the quickest guy got 21:48 I think. 

I picked the wrong helmet up and it kept creeping over my eyes, at one stage I nearly undid it and tossed it in the ditch.

As always happens with the first of the year I coughed and coughed and coughed especially afterwards yet when I run my heart rate is higher and I never have a problem

This morning I woke up with a bad back I seem to have pulled a muscle

Zoom Zoom, we have100's of time trials over here for example there are ones on Tuesday and Thursday on the local bypass all though the Summer you just turn up pay £2 and ride nothing too serious but believe me they hurt like no other event I have ever done.

If you follow this link you can see the results ( look for 2010 time trials ) but last nights haven't been posted yet

http://leicesterforest.org.uk/

Eternal Rookie

Wrong , it was 27:27 how did you get so close?

http://leicesterforest.org.uk/

I looked at your running and used one of my theories about equivalent bicycle effort and came up with that number.  Very impressive by the way. What do you think you can get it down to this season?

jules2

Its hard to say I would like to get down below sub 26:00 but although I've cycled for years I'm not as good at it as I am running, the first 10TT of the year is always a shock to the system

I'm thinking of doing Tuesdays and Thursdays for a while just to get into the swing of it.

I'm going to "test" my back tomorrow with a run.

Jules good luck with the test run. I haven't ridden a time trial, well other than in the one triathlon I competed in, in many years.

Congrats to Zoomy and Jules!

ER and Jules - sorry to hear about the injuries - fingers crossed they don't last too long.

I like fast spinning too - but right now, I am just enjoying being able to run again  - time enough to catch up on the bike miles when the weather turns cold - right now enjoying 18+ hours of 65- 70 degree weather!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Chenille, glad the weather has picked up, its the same here.

Back no longer a problem, knee now is but nothing serious.

Yesterday 70 miles on the bike and it was a glorious late Spring day with a nice cool breeze.

This morning a run, tonight a time trial, tomorrow a run, Saturday nothing too heavy as on Sunday I have http://www.polkadotchallenge.co.uk/route.asp and its going to be hot and hilly as you can see from the elevation profile.

Also the only bike I can get my hands on with low enough gears is my brother's and it weights a ton.  I have a new bike on the way but it won't turn up until next week.

Holy crap! Just checked the elevation profile - Jules, you are an animal!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

jules2

Holy crap! Just checked the elevation profile - Jules, you are an animal!

Yes a stuffed one.